Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 petition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top priority now that it has a basic song mode should be any bugs that ruin the sound of your music. So for me note cut off when pattern changing and voice stealing are the top of the list for correcting.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeplemouth wrote:
Just checked the petition and it is at 647 votes. Are votes still coming in or has it plateaued?

I'm afraid it did. Only a couple of votes daily. I'm sure we could get at least a few hundreds more off the FB group but thats not gonna happen.

Maybe its time to send it to Korg. 650 is not bad. I dont think they'ye sold much more than 5000 units. By comparison, Korgs best selling keyboard, the M1 - 100 thousand units. So we are not talking about crazy high numbers here' so i think 650 is a respectable number of votes.
Cade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
Steeplemouth wrote:
Just checked the petition and it is at 647 votes. Are votes still coming in or has it plateaued?

I'm afraid it did. Only a couple of votes daily. I'm sure we could get at least a few hundreds more off the FB group but thats not gonna happen.

Maybe its time to send it to Korg. 650 is not bad. I dont think they'ye sold much more than 5000 units. By comparison, Korgs best selling keyboard, the M1 - 100 thousand units. So we are not talking about crazy high numbers here' so i think 650 is a respectable number of votes.

Sounds good. I'll print and send it this week. Does anyone want to proof the Japanese version? Smile

Are there any other bugs found that we don't have on the petition? Anything else we should add or recommend? (Release SDK?)
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
Loudest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
Are there any other bugs found that we don't have on the petition? Anything else we should add or recommend? (Release SDK?)

I think you should clearly distinguish what concerns only the Sampler version and what concerns the both
(I believe there is no request exclusive to the synth version..?)

I also think you should justify some requests... (explain the interest...)
for example:
( I quote one of my posts about improvements of the Sampler)
Quote:
-an improvement in term of file management (copy, paste, duplicate files, create folders, delete, rename etc.)
it would be preferable not to use the computer for this kind of things, and make the Electribe really standalone
so we could save our sample-sets (and also our pattern-sets) in several .all files, with different names.

- pre-listening directly from the SD card, so we could work from a blank .all file and import only the samples we need for a project
so we could have gigabytes of wav files at our disposal, straight from the sd card (this would overcome the global limit of 24Mb since it would become the limit per project...)

- waveform representation and automatic zero crossing snapping function
(essential for a good loop point adjustment)

For the bugs it's OK I guess
(maybe the #4 - Song Mode should be moved to the requests section...)
Think

Last edited by Loudest on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Steinberger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
Does anyone want to proof the Japanese version? Smile

Smile That's dangerous territory with translation software for sure. I find it's always best to just communicate in English. Most people know it there anyway and if they need help with anything that seems nuanced there's always a friend or coworker to help out. There was a time I almost started an "international incident" in Amharic with my GF's family. We can all laugh about it now but sheesh!
jpeg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmoismogwai wrote:
The top priority now that it has a basic song mode should be any bugs that ruin the sound of your music. So for me note cut off when pattern changing and voice stealing are the top of the list for correcting.

The top priority is sample management getting samples into the unit and streaming from the sd card
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about lateness of share ,but I just posted about this on Operator-1.com so maybe hold off a couple of days longer.
Cade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spheric El wrote:
Sorry about lateness of share ,but I just posted about this on Operator-1.com so maybe hold off a couple of days longer.

Thanks for sharing. All help is greatly appreciated. Not sending it just yet. There are still some additions to make. Cool
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
Unruly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me streaming from the sd card isn't that important...I don't know how everyone else works, but mostly I prep and organize my samples on a pc. I use the electribe sample manager for all of that. If anything, I'd love to be able to do pattern management in the same way, where I could move patterns around and rename them on the pc. Also just being able to merge samples and patterns into a single file that can be loaded and saved would be so great. When the electribe was turned on it would just auto load the last file that had been used. Wouldn't that make so much more sense?
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unruly wrote:
To me streaming from the sd card isn't that important...I don't know how everyone else works, but mostly I prep and organize my samples on a pc. I use the electribe sample manager for all of that. If anything, I'd love to be able to do pattern management in the same way, where I could move patterns around and rename them on the pc. Also just being able to merge samples and patterns into a single file that can be loaded and saved would be so great. When the electribe was turned on it would just auto load the last file that had been used. Wouldn't that make so much more sense?

The point of streaming or managing samples from the SD card is so that you wouldn't have to use a PC, and so you could just load the samples relevant to a specific project instead of having 200 kick drums in your .all file when you only use 1 or 2. I use Brakio's sample manager, and it is a godsend, but bear in mind that there is no official Korg sample manager. If it weren't for people like Brakio we'd all be loading our samples one at a time from the SD card. Without the ability to audition a sample before importing that task becomes nightmarish.
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afraid I agree with Unruly on this -

there are 3 sample managers (that I am aware of, there may be more..) floating around now

two were running from the blocks not long after the ES2 landed.

Are you saying you want Korg to make another ?

- and it better be better than Brakio's otherwise you know the banshees will be screaming again,,,?
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
afraid I agree with Unruly on this -

there are 3 sample managers (that I am aware of, there may be more..) floating around now

two were running from the blocks not long after the ES2 landed.

Are you saying you want Korg to make another ?

- and it better be better than Brakio's otherwise you know the banshees will be screaming again,,,?

Is that question aimed at me? I never said that I want another sample manager, I was lamenting the state of sample management from the machine itself. I'm happy to use Brakio's software, it works great, I was merely implying that, had nobody taken the time out to write the code that Korg should have written themselves, then it would be very frustrating and time consuming to do it via the sample import feature of the tribe.
Loudest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of you did not understand why the pre-listening from the SD card must be the top priority (for the Sampler version)...
Of course, I use myself the different sample managers (and, indeed, thankfully they exist!)
but it has nothing to do with pre-listening feature request.

The electribe not intended to be all the time connected to a computer, and a sampler must be standalone.
What about the samples that are made directly with the machine? we should be able to sort, rename, move.... these files.
Actually, we are talking about very basic functions for a Sampler here.. (and certainly very little coding to do that)
but that would change the face of this machine.
As I already said, it would allow us to overcome the 24Mb limit...
allowing to work from blank .all files and add only the samples that are used to a pattern or a group of patterns
and thus classify all these files in one folder (one folder per "project" / song)
thus, the 24Mb limit would become the limit per song rather than the limit for the entire machine(Confused)...

The Sample Managers (for mac/pc) will always have their place. This does not affect that.

Unruly wrote:
If anything, I'd love to be able to do pattern management in the same way, where I could move patterns around and rename them on the pc. Also just being able to merge samples and patterns into a single file that can be loaded and saved would be so great.

Exactly!
This is why we need a better file management , and pre-listening to do all that directly on the Electribe Smile

Korg does not seem to worry about external editors for mac / pc so if there is to be a "pattern manager" on computer, we should instead rely on the work of a philanthropist developer... Smile

On the other hand, we can ask them the minimum about files management directly on the device....
because it concerns directly the firmware developpment
Loudest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I add that it's a bit the same with the waveform representation and functions such as truncate, automatic zero crossing snapping..... etc.
because we can always do all that from a computer too...and then import our samples in the electribe
but in that case, if we do everything on the computer and use the Electribe only to play the samples .... Korg should not have called his machine "Sampler" but "Sample player" Razz
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I forgot about something important. It would be aweseome to add it to the petition.

A while ago a user on this forum – can't rememer his name – posted some fantastic UI mockups based on the Electribe screen and its exact resolution.

He showed how much more information could be displayed onscreen, how much screen space basically is wasted. It was some serious UX work, kudos to that guy!

I can't find this post and theses pictures. Anyone remember that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: