Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 petition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl23

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
Hey guys,

I forgot about something important. It would be aweseome to add it to the petition.

A while ago a user on this forum – can't rememer his name – posted some fantastic UI mockups based on the Electribe screen and its exact resolution.

He showed how much more information could be displayed onscreen, how much screen space basically is wasted. It was some serious UX work, kudos to that guy!

I can't find this post and theses pictures. Anyone remember that?

yes. Here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95522

However, I am finding it difficult to succinctly post this on the petition... and we already have:
10. Revise display screen to display more information: knob values; FX info; ADSR graph; and waveform representation on the screen - for quick editing.
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
Unruly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The point of streaming or managing samples from the SD card is so that you wouldn't have to use a PC, and so you could just load the samples relevant to a specific project instead of having 200 kick drums in your .all file when you only use 1 or 2. I use Brakio's sample manager, and it is a godsend, but bear in mind that there is no official Korg sample manager. If it weren't for people like Brakio we'd all be loading our samples one at a time from the SD card. Without the ability to audition a sample before importing that task becomes nightmarish.

That's actually a damn good point. I still wouldn't call this the most important improvement but now I understand why this would be useful. A huge cache of samples could be stored on the SD card, but a set would only contain the needed samples. I guess what I'm thinking about is sample management improvement in both directions: improved sample management on the device itself (so for me that's a single file that would include samples and patterns and load and save with a single operation) and also improved management on the PC (being able to move patterns around, name patterns, more easily move samples around). And you are right being able to stream the sample would really help with that.[/quote]
Loudest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
However, I am finding it difficult to succinctly post this on the petition... and we already have:
10. Revise display screen to display more information: knob values; FX info; ADSR graph; and waveform representation on the screen - for quick editing.

Exactly!
This is pretty much the same thing...
Maybe it could be formulated differently ... but, that said, I'm afraid if we suggest a specific "GUI" to Korg, nothing will happen...
Unfortunately, at present (and concerning this Electribe series), they are far from having this openness on user suggestions ...
So we have to remain realistic Sad

that said, as I already mentionned, I think we should differentiate what is for the Sampler version
for example in the request above, "Waveform representation" is for Sampler users (the others suggestions can be for both units)

Last edited by Loudest on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loudest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unruly wrote:
I guess what I'm thinking about is sample management improvement in both directions: improved sample management on the device itself (so for me that's a single file that would include samples and patterns and load and save with a single operation)

Yes, precisely,
but we can not decently ask KORG to change their files system...(re-thinking the ".all files" structure....)
on the other hand, we can ask them to have access to basic operations directly on the device itself (create folders, move files, rename etc)
so we can make ourself our folders per song/project

Unruly wrote:
and also improved management on the PC (being able to move patterns around, name patterns, more easily move samples around).

third-party developers... Wink
Cade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:

Unruly wrote:
and also improved management on the PC (being able to move patterns around, name patterns, more easily move samples around).

third-party developers... Wink

Yes. Similar to the sample management programs like http://www.appification.de/ElectribeSampleManager/, http://flosaic.com/e2sEdit/, and http://mayflyshare.com/Oe2sSLE (haven't tried the last 2) it would be great if there was something for pattern management.
Loudest wrote:
Unruly wrote:
I guess what I'm thinking about is sample management improvement in both directions: improved sample management on the device itself (so for me that's a single file that would include samples and patterns and load and save with a single operation)

Yes, precisely,
but we can not decently ask KORG to change their files system...(re-thinking the ".all files" structure....)
on the other hand, we can ask them to have access to basic operations directly on the device itself (create folders, move files, rename etc)
so we can make ourself our folders per song/project

We can ask anything we want until we are blue in the face. However, I think the more we ask that is unrealistic (or difficult to implement), the harder the entire petition will be for Korg to swallow, and will be a detriment in the long run.

Of course, the most productive and least costly solution for Korg would be to open the software up to 3rd party developers. Rolling Eyes
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:
We can ask anything we want until we are blue in the face. However, I think the more we ask that is unrealistic (or difficult to implement), the harder the entire petition will be for Korg to swallow, and will be a detriment in the long run.

Of course, the most productive and least costly solution for Korg would be to open the software up to 3rd party developers. Rolling Eyes

yes, that's why having the patterns of the same project in the same folder can be done easily if they implement the basic functions that I mentioned above (create folders, move files, rename etc.)
and it does not require to review the whole structure of their .all files (or allpattern files)

In the end, this is the same thing.

We can start the Electribe with a blank file (it starts instantly)
and then decide to load a particular file based on the track on which we wish to work on

Concerning the opening to 3rd party developers, I doubt they let their firmware as open source ...
it is almost never seen among main manufacturers (I have no example in mind)
there is a matter of intellectual property....

on the other hand (for Volca Sample for example) they had made an SDK available to be able to develop third party applications (computer, ipad / android)
but I do not know if it will change much to existing editors.. which already working directly on the structure of .all files and thus manage to do what we want, I believe...
But, indeed, a pattern manager would be welcome, I do not know why no developer have built one.
(that said, there is one plug-in for Ableton Live built with Max4live http://electribrary.electribers.com/electribe--electribe2-pattern-editor-%28ableton%29--korg)

but for this question maybe we should ask those who have already developed editors (I think for example of Brakio) if they would like to see an SDK released...
is that it would allow to do things that are not currently possible?...
mihata

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

700 votes - do you guys think we are good to go?
Cade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
700 votes - do you guys think we are good to go?

Getting close, for sure.

710 today, recently edited and better organized (thanks to Loudest): https://www.change.org/p/help-make-continued-software-updates-for-the-new-electribes-a-priority-for-korg-inc
Loudest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cade

there is a problem with the wording of the request #11

Wink
Cade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:
Hi Cade

there is a problem with the wording of the request #11

Wink

Thanks. You're right.
I just fixed it to this:
11. Have the step edit for Oscillator edit on the Electribe Synth just like in the E2S.
But I think we should re-word to clarify as I am still relatively unclear on what this means. Are we referring to Oscillator edit motion, in the step edit menu? I don't have the Synth version, so am not sure.

Note: we are at 759 signatures today Smile
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have the synth version either but I think they want to have the possibility to edit the "oscillator edit" parameter in step-by-step (step edit menu), just as it is possible to do with the Electribe Sampler
and I must admit that it would be logical because the "oscillator edit" on the synth version is much more interesting than its equivalent on the sampler version, which only changes the playing position of the sample but does not change the sound itself
while on the synth version (for having tried) it has a great influence on the sound

Yeah 759votes!
it's great Cool
it is about the same result as the Tempest petition in less time
Cade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:
I do not have the synth version either but I think they want to have the possibility to edit the "oscillator edit" parameter in step-by-step (step edit menu), just as it is possible to do with the Electribe Sampler
and I must admit that it would be logical because the "oscillator edit" on the synth version is much more interesting than its equivalent on the sampler version, which only changes the playing position of the sample but does not change the sound itself
while on the synth version (for having tried) it has a great influence on the sound

Yeah 759votes!
it's great Cool
it is about the same result as the Tempest petition in less time

Thanks. I see. Very Happy

Considering printing and sending to Korg soon. Cool
BubbleTrailsMusic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is already in the petition, I am at work and don't have time to re-read the whole thing. Just wanted to throw it out there and see if anybody else wanted it too.

One thing that would be extremely helpful (to me and the way I play the E2) would be the ability to name parts individually. Seems like it could be easily done.

Example:

I tend to keep all my parts organized and on the same pads (ie: my buildup snare rolls will always be on pad 10, my solo parts with no data recorded will always be on pad 4)

However, when I am creating, this doesn't always hold true and sometimes for example, I need to use my lead "solo" patch in the buildup with recorded data) ((Just an example))

It would be super helpful when I'm playing live to be able to look at the part name and instead of just seeing SAW or whatever, I could name them things like LEAD/SOLO, KickBuild, PitchUp. etc.

Anyways, just a thought- love you all.

Booking: BubbleTrailsMusic@gmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/bubble-trails
https://www.facebook.com/bubbletrailsmusic
https://twitter.com/BTmusicFreqs
David Tribe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: How many people mentioned 8-bar and looping a bar?! Reply with quote

Seems easy enough 8-bar would be an easy shift of 1-4. And a quick press of any bar to loop it.. Right?[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: