Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 petition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new color? A "golden" electribe?

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14702253_10153919593756080_3064052772804734609_n.jpg?oh=9779f828b313d84aa7d396dff57c6fd6&oe=58A479D5
BubbleTrailsMusic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find this? That'll be lame if they release a gold one but if it comes with an update and fixes I'm all for it. I couldn't find it on their website or Facebook.

Booking: BubbleTrailsMusic@gmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/bubble-trails
https://www.facebook.com/bubbletrailsmusic
https://twitter.com/BTmusicFreqs
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BubbleTrailsMusic wrote:
Where did you find this? That'll be lame if they release a gold one but if it comes with an update and fixes I'm all for it. I couldn't find it on their website or Facebook.

the info was relayed by several websites
but we don't know yet what it will be ...
maybe this is just me who extrapolates by thinking about Electribes ... Very Happy because many people think it will be a new synth for example
what I find strange about this.. "teaser", is the colors used, surprisingly close to the colors of the Electribes already available (except for the "golden" one)

but, me too, I would be happy with a firmware update anyway,
of course...
BubbleTrailsMusic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the colors lead me to believe it'll be tribe related. The first gen colors on the outside, then blue and red, now gold...

Booking: BubbleTrailsMusic@gmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/bubble-trails
https://www.facebook.com/bubbletrailsmusic
https://twitter.com/BTmusicFreqs
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BubbleTrailsMusic wrote:
Yeah the colors lead me to believe it'll be tribe related. The first gen colors on the outside, then blue and red, now gold...

yes, and the repartition as well!
gray and blue on the left side (electribe synth) and the other side : red and black (electribe sampler)

so...maybe the "golden electribe" will unify the 2 models Razz
a two-in-one Electribe2

but in the end we are not too many to bet on a new Electribe..maybe it has nothing to do with it ... Smile
mihata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, you're reading waaay too much into this and really, let's just give up on thinking someone is developing the current electribes. A new, gold one? Really that's laughable.
Btw, someone in this thread https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170484 is suggesting that it's PolySix and that's probably it as the color scheme overlaps completely.
filipe santos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
guys, you're reading waaay too much into this and really, let's just give up on thinking someone is developing the current electribes. A new, gold one? Really that's laughable.
Btw, someone in this thread https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170484 is suggesting that it's PolySix and that's probably it as the color scheme overlaps completely.

from that thread this one was the best

Quote:
BugBrand

I heard it is going to be another Volca - they did FM recently, now they're going to do GM.

As for me i don't like the new electribes , it's a major step down that korg did since they released the X series which are the best electribes ever. It's a shame that they stopped making them and it's a shame they stopped supporting them. The X series are getting real expensive that starts to look like the case where you wanna get yourself an original tb303.
The new electribes .. no chance and my EMX1 is staying in ... like FOREVER!! Smile

Loudest wrote:
A new color? A "golden" electribe?

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14702253_10153919593756080_3064052772804734609_n.jpg?oh=9779f828b313d84aa7d396dff57c6fd6&oe=58A479D5

LOL if they put out a golden electribe they'll be having loads of hiphop artists buying them lol

But let's be reasonable these new electribes are a major flaw , 4 bars? No Song mode?? Even the oldest electribes have that! o_O that's crazy what was korg thinking?? Downgrading?
Well , that's what they did. Not even gonna mention the amount of problems people been having with them... Rolling Eyes
Guess Roland will be cashing in big time with their new tr09 and tb03 new boutiques...
mihata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually love the current E2 for what it is and its limitations. Always fun to mess with the crappy voice pcms to make something new. I think it has its own "sound" and while having other gear on the side, I like to limit myself and try come up with smth only by using 1 box. But hey this was the petition thread, right? Let's keep it uniformed:) And for the ones who are still mad at the japanese company - just relax, there are way more important things in life. People are having fun and even making albums within those constraints! (Jay Data from Cologne being the last one I heard and its great)

Really, all the above mentioned is valid - unit is crap but in a great way:)
filipe santos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihata wrote:
I actually love the current E2 for what it is and its limitations. Always fun to mess with the crappy voice pcms to make something new. I think it has its own "sound" and while having other gear on the side, I like to limit myself and try come up with smth only by using 1 box. But hey this was the petition thread, right? Let's keep it uniformed:) And for the ones who are still mad at the japanese company - just relax, there are way more important things in life. People are having fun and even making albums within those constraints! (Jay Data from Cologne being the last one I heard and its great)

Really, all the above mentioned is valid - unit is crap but in a great way:)

It's understandable some people like it. It's limted , it's fun but that's all it is. But sure was the same with the other electribes which also have much more potential and me as loving the EMX-1 there is no way one is gonna drop a much better Groovebox that does everything and more and admit it , it's no way but no way comparable with the X series and even the old electribes are way better than a tiny box with a bunch of disco flashy lights that's full of problems.
I'm not even mad at anything why should I? It's Korgs loss not mine. I just think after making such an incredible groovebox dropping it to make a loop machine because that's all it is (since there is not even a song mode) , dropping the best electribes they have made and making these the new electribes i think all of it's pretty stupid and as you can see now Korg is paying up for it trying to patch over patch a big mistake they've done.

post edit : if this was me all pissed off because of all these flaws and not satisfied with it like most of you people are , i wouldve sold it already and grab one of the older ones instead they're much better.
300 pounds for this? a joke that's what it is. Grab a 150 max 1st gen electribe and there's your fun and theres even a song mode! Uauuuuuu...
And the new EMX looks like its an EM1 where theres no oscillators its all sample based waveforms... LOL Thank God for MMT! Razz
DemonLlama

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be an AMA on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/59wh1o/official_korg_ama_november_1st_12pm_est9am_pst/

This might be a chance to ask if they got Cades letter.
Cade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DemonLlama wrote:
There will be an AMA on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/59wh1o/official_korg_ama_november_1st_12pm_est9am_pst/

This might be a chance to ask if they got Cades letter.

Well. At least Nick Kwas responded to a question about the Electribes and the petition:
@9:15AM in the Reddit AMA:
"We are continually updating the Electribes! This process takes time, as it involves conceptualization, development, coding, and rigorous testing. We also have to take into account a great many things including hardware limitations and user feedback. I can absolutely assure you that we are listening to the users. [sic] So please be patient."
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
DemonLlama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cade wrote:

Well. At least Nick Kwas responded to a question about the Electribes and the petition:
@9:15AM in the Reddit AMA:
"We are continually updating the Electribes! This process takes time, as it involves conceptualization, development, coding, and rigorous testing. We also have to take into account a great many things including hardware limitations and user feedback. I can absolutely assure you that we are listening to the users. [sic] So please be patient."

As he mentioned "patience" I thought about 8 months patience while waiting for various postpones. As he mentioned "rigorous testing" I thought about the UNDO-Function which crashed the BACKSPACE.

A side swipe from him about the Deep Mind made me think:

>> How big a threat to you guys consider the Deepmind 12 to be?
> What's that? Some kind of new wave band?
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Cade for the info

One thing is certain, is that they are not on the same pace as Novation ...
the Circuit is still regularly updated... Confused

anyway ..
let's take it as a kind of "commitment"
(since he invites us to be "patient")
DimensionX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few questions about the New Blue/Red Electribes (mainly the Red)...

1. How easy is it to improv/jam without any pre-setup?
2. How easy is it to change between "Songs" - If I remember correctly, if you made a complicated sequence on the EMX-SD it is more difficult to change the sequence without making it obvious due to the way the choke cancels one drum/synth/effect by introducing a new sequence of drum/synth/effect. I am guessing the way around this is 'thinking' how you can make it smooth (bringing effects down when changing)
3. I remember reading about the petition - Did you guys get what you asked for? Did they even address it? I did not find a follow up anywhere.
wasstof

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DimensionX wrote:

3. I remember reading about the petition - Did you guys get what you asked for? Did they even address it? I did not find a follow up anywhere.

Look Up Dude!,,,,
They said "Be Patient"
Patience is a Virtue!
(Well, that's what she used to tell me- now she asks why I've done nothing with my Life!)
And Now a Volca Sample...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: