Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X EQ Settings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Dave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No good, Don - the whole idea is to have EQ available instantly.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, not good for that. That little Edirol mixer I sold to Fran's friend would be great for that. They don't make it any more.
Uncle Dave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... or the iRig mix that I use now ... It's PERFECT.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Dave wrote:
... or the iRig mix that I use now ... It's PERFECT.
Hi dave,
If I buy the iRig do you know how can I set it up for my live performances?
All I would like to do is to replace my 10 channels mixer with a small/compact mixer like iRig and using only the Reverb and Delay through Pa4x for vocals and modifying the EQ on the fly (only for vocal).

Here is my equipment for live performance:
Pa4X (sometime I use Pa900), one wireless mic and 2 powered speakers.
You could maybe help me to figure out or explain how can I set these things up together and using the Reverb and Delay from Pa4x for vocal.
I would connect the wireless mic to Pa4X (XLR Mic connection) and output the keyboard directly (from R+L out put) to two powered speakers.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Uncle Dave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BR"][quote="Uncle Dave"]... or the iRig mix that I use now ... It's PERFECT.[/quote]Hi dave,
If I buy the iRig do you know how can I set it up for my live performances?
All I would like to do is to replace my 10 channels mixer with a small/compact mixer like iRig and using only the Reverb and Delay through Pa4x for vocals and modifying the EQ on the fly (only for vocal).

Here is my equipment for live performance:
Pa4X (sometime I use Pa900), one wireless mic and 2 powered speakers.
You could maybe help me to figure out or explain how can I set these things up together and using the Reverb and Delay from Pa4x for vocal.
I would connect the wireless mic to Pa4X (XLR Mic connection) and output the keyboard directly (from R+L out put) to two powered speakers.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.[/quote]

Glad to help!
Here's how I'd hook it up (irigMix)

PA4x L&R outs into a stereo channel of the mixer
Mic outs into the second stereo channel of the mixer

Mixer L&R outs to your powered speakers. This gives you separate control of the mic, if you need to adjust without affecting your KB/song mixes.
Good luck!

Here's another option, but only one stereo channel:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015NBUVE0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, thanks for the link, it looks interesting too, it would be my second option if the iRig is not suitable for what i would like to do.
I like the design and size of iRig so i was wondering if it has an XLR input for a microphone and an XLR or 1/4 Output to send the vocal signal to Effects of Pa4X.
Uncle Dave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BR"]Dave, thanks for the link, it looks interesting too, it would be my second option if the iRig is not suitable for what i would like to do.
I like the design and size of iRig so i was wondering if it has an XLR input for a microphone and an XLR or 1/4 Output to send the vocal signal to Effects of Pa4X.[/quote]

Nope - it's only got 1/8" ins. I thought you'd connect your mic directly to the PA4x and send the output to the mixer. You'll get a much better signal to noise ratio if you plug the mic direct to the kb.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Dave wrote:

I thought you'd connect your mic directly to the PA4x
That's correct.
Quote:
and send the output to the mixer.
By Output are you referring to send the keyboard L/R output and Mic to the Mixer (iRig)?
I just want to make sure if we are talking about the same process... Very Happy
Uncle Dave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to give you the flexibility of instant, knob-based control of EQ, and volume, (for style, song and live tracks) you need to send the signal from the Korg L&R outs to the mixer.

The same goes for the mic, so you'll need to use the 1&2 outs to feed the mixer for the mic. You can dedicate the mic to always pass through these outputs in a global setting.

If you use this hookup, an XLR input will not be needed for your mic, as it's already connected on the back of your Korg. Is that clear? I hope I'm not confusing you ... my setup is a bit unorthodox, but it does offer me more flexibility than the factory design. Hope this helps.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Dave, won't you be missing the processing and effects from the mic processor on the PA4X? Or can you still use those and then go to the mixer?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Dave wrote:

...so you'll need to use the 1&2 outs to feed the mixer for the mic. You can dedicate the mic to always pass through these outputs in a global setting.

If you use this hookup, an XLR input will not be needed for your mic, as it's already connected on the back of your Korg. Is that clear? I hope I'm not confusing you ...

No you're not confusing me and it's clear.

That's exactly what I would like to achieve as a new setup but with 2 questions:

Q1- As DonM mentioned if I use the 1&2 outputs to feed the mixer, first I wont be able to benefit from the Effects (specially Reverb and Delay) of Pa4X (since the output 1&2 send out the signal without effects, in other words they bypass the Effects).

Q2- I will need a bigger mixer with at least 3 inputs, two for keyboard and one for the mic, two Main output and effects on board.
I have and using currently a mixer with 10 channels and effects on board (down side; I cannot use the Reverb and Delay at the same time)
but my goal it is to replace this mixer with a smaller one that can be sit down on my Pa4x on the left side and will give me the EQ control only
for vocal (mic) and using the effects (Reverb & Delay) of Pa4X.

After all I am wondering if this is technically doable!...just searching and trying to find a compact setup for my live performances.

I hope I don't confuse you and that make sense.
Uncle Dave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DonM"]But Dave, won't you be missing the processing and effects from the mic processor on the PA4X? Or can you still use those and then go to the mixer?[/quote]

Don't quote me on this, but I'm "pretty" sure the dedicated effects and harmonies follow the mic, regardless of the selected outputs. I'm out of town for a few more days - maybe someone can try it. I was always planning on using mine this way .... hope it does! I'm counting on the mic effects flowing thru the 1&2 outs. They are dedicated effects, and not like the other effects that the parts use, so I think you can do this .... fingers crossed.

As for the number of inputs/outputs - the iRig Mix has 2 sets of stereo ins, plus a third in for hiZ signals, like guitars, but that 3rd input has no EQ. It has stereo outs (main), and HP out (also stereo, and channel selectable)
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Dave wrote:

Don't quote me on this, but I'm "pretty" sure the dedicated effects and harmonies follow the mic, regardless of the selected outputs.
Dave,
I just wanted to confirm after testing my mic and set it up to Output 1&2 of Pa4X in Global, the dedicated effects and harmonies follow the mic. Great.
Thanks
Uncle Dave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BR"][quote="Uncle Dave"]
Don't quote me on this, but I'm "pretty" sure the dedicated effects and harmonies follow the mic, regardless of the selected outputs.[/quote]Dave,
I just wanted to confirm after testing my mic and set it up to Output 1&2 of Pa4X in Global, the dedicated effects and harmonies follow the mic. Great.
Thanks[/quote]

YAYYYY!!!!!! I thought so! (whew ... I was counting on that!)
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: assignable Reply with quote

Just use the assignable slider function to have EQ available instantly ,,
or maybe korg won't let us do that , we have to wait for the pa5x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: