Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA 800 - 128MB OS Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninosky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Korg PA 800 - 128MB OS Issue Reply with quote

Hello guys!

I'm having an issue with my Korg PA800 that I hope you can assist with.

I recently upgraded to 128MB and installed new OS to recognize it.

However, when I load my old set (64MB), it won't recognize most of the samples. This is the same with any other set I load (64 or 128) So of course, most drum kits and sounds are not working.

I formatted, installed Korg original resource files, and then installed the 128MB OS. Still same problem.

Without the 128MB OS, everything works fine but only with 64MB RAM.

With 128MB OS, I have the issue below:
It's hard to see from this photo, but all those samples are "gray". I can't click them like their locked or something. With original, 64MB OS, it' works and they are all not grayed out.

Startup photo..

Any ideas?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not an official OS from korg and so,there is no support.
Since you don't ask for the os , all i can say is that pa2x stores the samples on the hard drive which pa800 doesn't have,if you don't have an HDD installed, do it and reload the os..If it still doesn't work then you should refer to where you got it from we can't help you here even if some of us know the exact problem...
Ninosky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
This is not an official OS from korg and so,there is no support.
Since you don't ask for the os , all i can say is that pa2x stores the samples on the hard drive which pa800 doesn't have,if you don't have an HDD installed, do it and reload the os..If it still doesn't work then you should refer to where you got it from we can't help you here even if some of us know the exact problem...

I think you're absolutely right. I don't currently have a HD and after doing a lot of research online, it seems that the RAM upgrade needs to have the HD for it to fully operate. That's what I will try next. Thanks for your reply!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: