Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R3's vocoder is not that bad!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkside

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: R3's vocoder is not that bad! Reply with quote

Hi synth freaks on Korgforum. I haven't posted for a reeeeeaaally long time, but nope - I'm not dead and stil synthesizing! It has been on my mind fore quite some time and I finally decided to speak out. It's not really a clever idea to listen to what the big croud is saying, as you may end up finding the opposit to be true. At least so it goes for the vocoder on our little friend, the R3. As you know, I used Microkorg's vocoder for most of my electrofunk vocoder needs, but it's time to change! Everywhere it was accented, that R3 can't sound quite that oldschool way and while it's true, that these two synths have completely different personalities, but no matter what synth - it's the best thing to just get inside and tweak. So without any more ranting let me present the following track to illustrate the results of simply going in and tuning the vocoder parameters of the R3.
https://soundcloud.com/drxid/electrofunk-instructor
There are also other newer tracks since my last visit, so check them out and give feedback and share your thoughts. This time I'm not posting any patches, but it might be possible if interest grows. So just stay all funky and keep on freaking the technology!
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: try reposting the track on sound cloud Reply with quote

try reposting the track on sound cloud
it will not play
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
Darkside

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. Plays perfectly here and for other folks as well. Sorry, but can't see any reason to repost, cause it's working fine. Soundcloud is quite picky sometimes towards things like adobe flash version etc, so that might be the issue for not playing. Hope it's possible to fix and still check the track out. Untill then, happy vocoding and funking!
DaniH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: I love the track. Great sound and nice feel to it. Love old skool freestyle.

Second: the R3 vocoder is the main reason I bought mine when it came out. I use mine for Florida style electro bass/breaks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: