Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DX7 Syx Banks Conversions for Mod-7
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Thanks for mentioning PCG Tools, although it cannot do the conversion, it can help with rearranging programs, rename them easily and making textual lists. Also a filter can be used to search for (a part of) names.

Btw, I contacted Korg long time ago for providing the algorithm for the DX7->MOD7 conversion but due to legal issues it could not be provided, otherwise I could have done it automatically within PCG Tools.

Thanks again Michael for PCG tools and support, being part of software industry myself I can fathom the scale of effort and dedication it would've taken to build this tool.

I understand korg's position as they might be under NDA on that.

I think though soundquest (midiquest / kronos editor) did claim/write somewhere that they can convert all sysex banks to kronos, but not sure.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: More banks ADDED

1: SFX01.zip

2: BIG MAMMA SET 1 (01-99 and some)

^enjoy^
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked through many of these banks of sounds and quite frankly I get exhausted trying to find just the right signature Piano sound for many of those Iconic 80's songs; I guess the typical sound is from Al Jarreau's "After All".

I know I need to tweak the effects with chorus and reverb, but can anyone point me to the correct Bank or Patch to start off?

Thanks
Al
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
UPDATE: More banks ADDED

1: SFX01.zip

2: BIG MAMMA SET 1 (01-99 and some)

^enjoy^

Thanks for all this great work!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
I've looked through many of these banks of sounds and quite frankly I get exhausted trying to find just the right signature Piano sound for many of those Iconic 80's songs; I guess the typical sound is from Al Jarreau's "After All".

I know I need to tweak the effects with chorus and reverb, but can anyone point me to the correct Bank or Patch to start off?

Thanks
Al

Yes it's quite an Exhaustive process going through these.
also note that, I think most of these(other than noted as factory) are user patches so finding some known sound is going be very tough.

I havent gone through most of the banks myself either, but I plan to go through these sometime to build my own collection of some unique sounds.

Another Tip: When browsing though disk / banks, you can use the Tone adjust, sliders to change the FM synthesis, that gives a good idea of the scope for that program.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE : Big Mamma Collection Completed
Download from the Collection Folder in the First Post.
Converted Banks: 01 - 360

Over 11700 Programs or close to that.
Program List (Excel) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/15frgmdkd80b8vu/Big%20Mama%20Collection%20Listing.xls?dl=0

(Generated Via PCG Tools)

Notes: The Programs Seem to be Organized Alphabetically so you
find pianos(there are a few hundred Piano named patches) in 215-274 PCG File.

I quickly went through some of the patches randomly and I can say that this
was worth the time and effort it took. There are some really good sounding patches in here. And that is even before any mods you can make in mod-7 like wavshaping or modulations.

Though' I am late to the FM party, I must admit that Mod-7 is one hell of a powerful sound engine.

^enjoy^

Note: If you find some Good/popular Tones in there, it would be great if you could mention their names in a post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: