Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program changes for user cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raybass

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Program changes for user cards Reply with quote

Hi
I have a few midi files created on an m1 which I want to use in cubase, most of the combis/progs are on user card 1 but a few are on user card 2. while for most of the files this is no problem but where i have a midi file which uses sounds from both user cards in the same combi I can't find any way of loading the user card 2 sounds via prog change.

I am using cubase 6 on a windows 7 laptop.

What I have tried among other things is to use:
cc 0 0
cc 32 23 (which I believe is the correct code for user card 2)
followed by program change, but this will only change the sound to user card one program and not user card 2.

I have spent a lot of time searching web about this problem with no useable results so I am hoping that someone here will be able to help please Very Happy .
Many thanks
raybass

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again
I have been messing around with this problem again and it seems to be some glitch in cubase probably, because sometimes i get it to work, other times zilch Shocked lol.
Thanks anyway
Ray
zaphod77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my experience that if the vsti is in combi mode then bank select LSB will change the combi card. any preset on the card can then be selected with program change, regardless of where the presets are made from.

if it's in prog mode, then you get the prog cards instead, and get single programs from them.

I'm still looking for how to change it to prog mode with a midi message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: