Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI-IN setup in korg Triton le

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solankiamit99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: MIDI-IN setup in korg Triton le Reply with quote

Hi,
i am using triton le and have one midi keyboard, i have setup midi-in connection from midi keyboard to triton le and able to use triton le tone tones through midi keyboard, now the problem is the i need to setup one stable tone which can be played by midi keyboard but as i switch programs in triton le same tone switch in midi keyboard also....

is there any solution....

please if anybody can help me....
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is not clear.

By stable tone, do you mean a continuous, unvarying sinewave at some sort of "reference" frequency e.g. 440Hz?

Is the MIDI keyboard pure MIDI or does it incorporate a sound generator. The make and model might help.

solankiamit99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for your response...
Midi keyboard is Samson carbon49

I need to set one single sound (ex. Bass guitar) on midi keyboard and whenever I switch sounds on triton le, sound on midi keyboard remain stable...

At the moment what is happening is that when I switch sound on triton same changes occur in midi keyboard too...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This behaviour is unavoidable because the Samson Carbon49 is a pure MIDI keyboard and is sending MIDI data to trigger the sounds in the Triton LE that are in the particular Combi being used. When the Combi is changed, the sound is no longer available for use (a fact of life with just about any hardware or software instrument), and there is no SST (smooth sound transition) feature in the Triton that allows the previous sounds to be held. The Korg Kronos is the only instrument I know that has that feature. Even software synths like Omnisphere do not support smooth sound transitions, although Omnisphere has a way to get around this using Multis, which are the equivalent of the Triton's Combis.

One way round this might be to create a Combi that has all the necessary sounds in it, and varying the volume of individual sounds, as required, though this is not going to be very easy in a live playing situation. Alternatively, edit the second Combi so that it also contains the Bass Guitar sound, so that it is there in both Combis and is playable by the MIDI keyboard. The sound will be interrupted when the Combi is changed, however.

The alternative is to use another sound generator, be it software or hardware synth, and connect the MIDI keyboard to that, rather than the LE, and only change the Combi on the Triton LE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: