Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can all expansion still be added to an oasys?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: can all expansion still be added to an oasys? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the latest os and all expansion synth engines, samples and effects can be still downloaded and added to the oasys?

I ask as there is one for sale that I'm interested is as a spare but it doesnt have all updates / expansions added

thanks,
Kevin
73keys

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kevin, As long as you go on Korg.com and look under support and get the Oasys authorized? You can still get all the updates & expansions!
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question Kevin. I think only Korg can answer that one for sure. They did release all the expansion synth engines, efx engine and samples previously, but I don't know if they have maintained that on their site for current access. Its been what, five years now since they dropped the Oasys as active?

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it would be a problem, as long as you can register it (or transfer registration). Go to korguser.net, scroll to the bottom and click on "OASYS."
or go to this link:

https://www.korguser.net/oasys/index.asp
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike -

to be honest I'd gotten so rusty on this process that I hadn't thought it through and just couldn't remember. You've just reminded me of korgusernet - that's the bit I couldn't remember.

So I've logged in and see all of the updates there to download - OS, Sounds, even EXS3 as a download; as well as a registration page still existing for OASYS.

Thanks a million for your reminders.

The sad bit - the pristine condition OASYS I was after (costing 1800 Euro!) - was sold yesterday to someone else - for 1500 Euro! I can't believe how cheap it was - it was in mint condition! A new screen alone (if you can get one) I believe is over 800 Euro!

Times have changed!!
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current pricing is unfortunate and really does not reflect the value that is the Oasys. Much like my Mini-Moog model D, I think the price will eventually rebound. The instrument just has so much going for it. Except for support that is. Evil or Very Mad

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that current prices are very low. I believe it's because of the size of the instrument (undesirable to many these days) and that ultimately Kronos has more features.

But I also agree that prices might go back up. It depends on the longevity of features such as its motherboard, the screen and so on.

But there is no denying that every time I sit down at it - after 11 years of ownership - it still feels fresh, new, exciting and - essentially limitless. As great as Kronos is (and it is absolutely magnificent), the OASYS is a class act in terms of ergonomics and style. I feel like I'm sitting down at a very special instrument when I sit down at one.

When visiting Kent Spong (legendary CS80 restorer) in the UK a while back to collect one of my CS80s, I was in Kent's room where there was his OASYS beside his CS80 and he said to me - "the OASYS - amazing - it's like a modern CS80 in stature and scope!" I couldn't agree more (and my OASYS sits next to my CS80 too Smile

I own two 88 note OASYS and will never sell them, and indeed am now looking to purchase another one or two for longterm management.

But - I just lost out on a fabulous sale to some lucky new OASYS owner who got a great one for a steal !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: