Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 more "clicky" than the E2S?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: E2 more "clicky" than the E2S? Reply with quote

I just bought one of the new blue Electribes and am noticing that it has more clicking going on than the new Electribe Sampler I have. They both have the clicking going on that's been discussed around the web, but I'm finding it moreso on than new blue one. For example, I'm getting clicking on kick drums if I have them on 1/8th notes. I never had this issue on the Sampler. Switching to Poly 1 fixes the problem, but I'd like not to since that eats up voices. Is this just the way it is with this one or I'm wondering if I should exchange it?
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I too have a new 'blue beauty'. And if it's any help to you, I've not noticed any particular clicking (out of the ordinary) to mine.

I might add though, that I've never managed to crash either my EMX or ESX but I've already managed to have enough 'things going on' that at one point the system froze on it, and I had to restart it. Only once so far, but a surprise nonetheless. Also when the oscillators/modulation are pushed a little distortion can kick in.

Other than that, I'm absolutely delighted with mine, so it's up to you how you proceed. But I'd be interested to know if a replacement does fix the issue for you?

PS The only other negs are that I'm really missing both the 8 bar length and reverb... (yes I know Ableton has lots of reverb options, but frankly I prefer the way such sounded on the former electribes: clearer and more natural sounding! Not to mention that I far far prefer to do things 'hands on', rather than use its s/w interface...)
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, WestLondoner. I did some further examination and found the clicking doesn't happen every time. For example, after playing with a few patterns it started clicking. I then went to one pattern and hit record and let it play for a bit. Then I turned the machine off and then on and went back to the same unchanged pattern. No clicks. Recorded it too and am A/Bing them in case I'm tripping and I'm not. So I'm not sure what to think about it all now. I can deal with limitations no problem. But I need them to be consistent!
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Redmond Barry,

That's interesting that it's not happening every time, to yours. So, if mine's possibly affected too, it is still possible that I've simply not used an affected pattern yet. In which case, I might need to play around a bit more with it over the next few days to see if I can replicate that 'clicking' issue. And although I haven't yet experienced it, needless to say, *if* I can find evidence of it, then I will of course report back. In the meantime, it would of course be great if other owners could chip in with their experiences to date.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set up a kick pattern. Try all 4 mono and poly modes. Any of them have less click?
Redmond Barry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Set up a kick pattern. Try all 4 mono and poly modes. Any of them have less click?

Poly1 has the least click. But my trouble is that the clicks come back. For example, I made a clean click free pattern, but then after a playing with the machine for a while that same pattern starts clicking. I turn off the machine and back on and it's back to click free for a while.
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redmond Barry wrote:
Ted3000 wrote:

Poly1 has the least click. But my trouble is that the clicks come back. For example, I made a clean click free pattern, but then after a playing with the machine for a while that same pattern starts clicking. I turn off the machine and back on and it's back to click free for a while.

I've got the sampler (black version) and occasionally after messing with different groove settings I will start to get some weird clicks. It also happens sometimes after editing a sample. I just save the pattern, switch to a new one and then back and it seems to resolve itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: