Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Install errors adding libraries
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Install errors adding libraries Reply with quote

so I took the plunge and bought the K2 sounds for my original Kronos during the sale. I'm getting an error when I try to install them.

Failed. EXsInstall.exsins file error.

I've done the following:
Transferred on a freshly formatted thumb drive (multiple times)

transferred via FTP over network (multiple times)

re-downloaded both EXS17 and EXS18 multiple times.

unzipped each file multiple times on 2 different computers (using both Windows and Linux, with on Windows trying both the native zipping utility and 7Zip).

Tried executing the install from both the internal disk AND directly from the thumb drive.

I'm running out of ideas here. I can find this error all over the place on this forum, but everything seems to point to either a mal-formatted thumb drive or a currupted download. I get the same issue transferring via FTP and have re-downloaded multiple times. it's getting a bit frustrating.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
JoeyL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you download the file for the wrong model, (i.e.kronos2 vs kronos x or original k) you can also get that error......don't ask how I know Razz but I guess there is only one file here anyway
JoeyL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it's something simple like memory protect?
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeyL wrote:
if you download the file for the wrong model, (i.e.kronos2 vs kronos x or original k) you can also get that error......don't ask how I know Razz but I guess there is only one file here anyway

it's my understanding that they SHOULD be the same....

I downloaded the files from the links here:
https://shop.korg.com/Kronos/Promo-KORG1
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"transferred via FTP over network (multiple times)"

you mentioned FTP a few times but I don't get the picture.

These files like the PC to thumb connection

Plus I am 99% sure your Kronos wants the thumb drive for the install
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
JoeyL wrote:

my memory on this dates back to January 2015.

When you are prompted to open and load the new PCG, I vaguely recall an " X" version and the original Kronos version. But I am not sure, if you have gotten this far, yet...
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

The Kronos has a built-in FTP server that allows you to transfer files over a network. If you attach a USB ethernet adapter to it, you can browse to it from another computer on your network. I used FTP to physically copy files over to the SSD. I've done it hundreds of times before (it's usually how I load samples) and it's always worked. I was trying to illustrate that it was not an issue with my thumb drive, because I got the exact same result by moving the files over in another manner.

My Music
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
JoeyL wrote:

my memory on this dates back to January 2015.

When you are prompted to open and load the new PCG, I vaguely recall an " X" version and the original Kronos version. But I am not sure, if you have gotten this far, yet...

yea - I'm not even there yet. This is trying to get the exsins file to install.... Other than the missing samples, the programs on the KRS-07 PCG file work just fine (there are 2 different PCG versions included in the zip file).

My Music
JoeyL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was on the pdf instruction page
Error messages
When installing, error messages may be displayed to indicate problems, as
described below.
“Error: invalid option file”
This means that the installation data is corrupted. Copy the file to the USB
media again, or if that fails, download the data again.
“Error: not enough disk space for the installation”
This means that the internal disk is too full. Remove data from the disk,
backing it up to USB media, in order to free up space.

so if it was corrupted it should be one of these messages right?

I know you've been around long enough to have the latest OS.

outside of that I'm stumped..

Last edited by JoeyL on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
GregC wrote:

The Kronos has a built-in FTP server that allows you to transfer files over a network. If you attach a USB ethernet adapter to it, you can browse to it from another computer on your network. I used FTP to physically copy files over to the SSD. I've done it hundreds of times before (it's usually how I load samples) and it's always worked. I was trying to illustrate that it was not an issue with my thumb drive, because I got the exact same result by moving the files over in another manner.

thats right, FTP is very cool.

I now understand what you are doing. Its possible these EXs are not FTP friendly which is why I thought you should ( or maybe you did) do a USB thumb drive install

There are about 9 more trouble shooting steps. 1 of which is following the install steps Exactly as stated.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeyL wrote:
this was on the pdf instruction page
Error messages
When installing, error messages may be displayed to indicate problems, as
described below.
“Error: invalid option file”
This means that the installation data is corrupted. Copy the file to the USB
media again, or if that fails, download the data again.
“Error: not enough disk space for the installation”
This means that the internal disk is too full. Remove data from the disk,
backing it up to USB media, in order to free up space.

so if it was corrupted it should be one of these messages right?

I know you've been around long enough to have the latest OS.

outside of that I'm stumped..

Doh - I think I may have found the issue - so I've been staging the files on my 2nd SSD, which is 250GB (with 200+ free), so I never considered that it could be a space issue. I just checked and the original 30GB SSD only had about 1.9 free - I'm in the process of moving some old backups and such to the 2nd drive and I'm going to try it again.

The weird thing though - is that it's not giving me a disk space error - it's giving me the error in the top post - "Failed. EXsInstall.exsins file error. "

My Music
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope - that wasn't it. Still failed on the EXs18 installer with more than 13GB free on the main SSD.

back to square one....

My Music
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
GregC wrote:

I now understand what you are doing. Its possible these EXs are not FTP friendly which is why I thought you should ( or maybe you did) do a USB thumb drive install

There are about 9 more trouble shooting steps. 1 of which is following the install steps Exactly as stated.

Hi - yea, I've already tried copying over via thumb drive as well, attempting to install both directly from the thumb drive and after copying the files/directories over to the SSD.

I'll go over the install steps again, just to be sure.

My Music
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
GregC wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
GregC wrote:

Hi - yea, I've already tried copying over via thumb drive as well, attempting to install both directly from the thumb drive and after copying the files/directories over to the SSD.

I'll go over the install steps again, just to be sure.

the d/l 's from the site are sketchy. I tried it this afternoon and it stalled out completely.

Before a fresh d/l, I suggest a very new clean USB thumb drive. Sometimes hidden files stick on the thumb.

Make sure you format the thumb on your Korg using quick fat 32 format. And always make sure you have your thumb drive selected for this.

So thats a few things, just in case
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain

Just some thoughts...

The FTP method will not work for installing library sounds it must be from an usb stick...... (FTP can only be used for accessing and saving files to/from the ssd).

One thing that comes to mind with your problem is it could be possible that the download has been unzipped too far onto the usb stick,especially the tar.gz file,which needs
to be left as is....the Kronos unzips it.
An imac can easily do this(not sure about a pc) if using a third party app or the built in one that isn't at its basic setting etc...or even some browsers that has an unzip facility.

Some usb sticks seem to be problematic, using a different one may help,also make sure it is actually formatted completely ensuring there's no remnant of previous data left on it,as GregC has already mentioned.

There are various posts with detailed guides regarding the installation (you've probably found them anyway...)but it is vital that one follows them,step by step as it's so easy to get tripped up with the process (I've done so in the past,as well.... Wink ).

Good Luck.
Keep us posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: