Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike123333

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Korg PA800 Reply with quote

Hello , A friend of mine has a Korg PA800 that he has laying around for over year that does not turn on. The service center told him he needs to replace the CPU board. He wants to sell it for parts but I may purchase it off him.
I have been looking around for the CPU board but I guess they are nowhere to be found.

I wanted to know if there is a common failure with these boards that can be repaired or change of bad components? I do have good electronic skills so I would not mind putting them to the test. any help would eb greatly appreciated.

Mike
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
If it doesn't show anything on screen , most probably it can't be fixed but as you wish to play with it,first of all check for correct voltages!
mike123333

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello thanks for the quick response..when you say if it does nothing it cannot be fixed, does this mean that one of the boards is faulty beyond repair? what are the common issues with the CPU board that goes wrong?are we talking capacitors?, voltage regulators or the main processor?

Thanks Mike
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caps are for voltage regulation and are located on the mainboard not cpu board..
If only the ligĥts turn on and you have blank screen then it will need more time and money to replace everything than to buy a new one or a working refurbished/used..
mike123333

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unit turns on but only to a blue screen nothing else.. reading the many posts here its basically a door stop nothing more nothing less.

Do you have any idea what goes wrong with he CPU boards? are we talking about an EEPROM or TSOP being corrupted and we have no ability to reflash the chips? since the program and flash are not available?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it show the first KORG PA800 screen or nothing at all?
If it shows blue (and not black) screen it means that something is running and it should show the KORG PA800 screen before it.
If it doesn't show this, the screen is black and not blue!
Flash and bootrom are both on the mainboard ,not the cpu board.
mike123333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to the gentlemen it does not show any PA800 screen or logo. even if it is on for a while.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most probably then the CPU board can't be repaired , or the cost to do it is above the price of a new board when they existed...
Also you are not sure this way if it is the CPU board for sure..
If the price is cheap then i would get it and try to find a cpu board...
I would pay up to 400euros for a pa800 with a fault like that as i have both boards as spares but you shouldn't give more than 300 i think to minimize the risk..
mike123333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input the Pa800 was sold for ~ 370 Euros.. even if I would have purchased it, then I need to put on top of the several hundred more euros, then if something else goes wrong then I am out hundreds of dollars at the initial expense of 60-70% of a new one or an excellent condition used one. .
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New one can't happen!Production has stopped a little after pa3x production begun!
Even service has stopped for the pa800 from 1APR2014 as far as i remember!
mike123333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I meant by new as for PA900 here in the US there are some on ebay that a reasonable prices.
mike123333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone in the US with a broken PA800 that wants to part with it, I would love to be able to conduct some on board diagnostics and see if there are any known issues with any of the components.
mazikati

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reset key combination for PA800 Reply with quote

Typically, there is a combination of key strokes on any keyboard that when hit together at a certain time, will lead to resetting the keyboard to factory settings.

These keys are far from each other, so you don't accidentally hit them together.

Can someone post that combination for PA800?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: