Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyscape New Spectrasonics software
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Keyscape New Spectrasonics software Reply with quote

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/keyscape/index.php

Not sure how much interest there will be for Kronos owners or other Korg keyboard owners but...

Pricey of course.

Yikes, 77GB!

Technical Specifications
• Huge 77 GB library with over 500 sounds, 36 Instrument Models and Hybrid “Duo” Patches
• Deeply Multisampled sounds with up to 32-way velocity switching, Round Robins, etc
• Mechanical Noise, Pedal Noise and Release Noise behavior modeling
• Patches feature authentic circuit modeled amps and effects
• Optional “Lite” installation (30 GB) for stage use
• Omnisphere® 2 integration
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyscape New Spectrasonics software Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/keyscape/index.php

Not sure how much interest there will be for Kronos owners or other Korg keyboard owners but...

Pricey of course.

Yikes, 77GB!

Technical Specifications
• Huge 77 GB library with over 500 sounds, 36 Instrument Models and Hybrid “Duo” Patches
• Deeply Multisampled sounds with up to 32-way velocity switching, Round Robins, etc
• Mechanical Noise, Pedal Noise and Release Noise behavior modeling
• Patches feature authentic circuit modeled amps and effects
• Optional “Lite” installation (30 GB) for stage use
• Omnisphere® 2 integration

This would be my 1st Soectronics product, I like it a lot.

But I would need to get a Macbook Pro to run this ( FWIR) .

My thinking is if Korg does not intro a new great W/s by yr end, I will go for the VI platform.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an i7, 6th gen PC but Omnisphere is a real CPU hog. For some patches that is.

Personally I await a much more powerful CPU than even an Intel 7th gen. Though that may do for Omnisphere - I will wait to see how it performs.

I doubt Korg is doing much preparation on any new workstation before xmas this year.

Have you heard otherwise?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
I have an i7, 6th gen PC but Omnisphere is a real CPU hog. For some patches that is.

Personally I await a much more powerful CPU than even an Intel 7th gen. Though that may do for Omnisphere - I will wait to see how it performs.

I doubt Korg is doing much preparation on any new workstation before xmas this year.

long time mac owner.

I should have stated 2017 NAMM. Even while cos are starting to ' not wait ' for that date in January.

I have no inside info. But if they do have plans , they would be making preparations now. I do not know anyone at Korg and everyone is under an NDA, anyway.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoooWWW!
What Eric provides there is kind of keyboard heaven.

These are not just sample libaries: these are complete recreations of the real deal with a rare degree of authentity! I'm compeltely blown away from just listeing to the demo video.

Imagine these sounds in a hardware workstation. That would be incredible! And as software it will simply be something like the new new standard for bread and butter keyboards.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
WoooWWW!

These are not just sample libaries: these are complete recreations of the real deal with a rare degree of authentity! I'm compeltely blown away from just listeing to the demo video.

Imagine these sounds in a hardware workstation. That would be incredible! And as software it will simply be something like the new new standard for bread and butter keyboards.

You know about Eric Persing ? He's a legend.

I agree. He has set a very high bar. What a project he invested in. really amazing work.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GregC"]
jimknopf wrote:
WoooWWW!

You know about Eric Persing ? What a legend.

I agree. He has set a very high bar. What a project he invested in. really amazing work.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know Eric Persing. Smile

As long as he still worked for Roland all was well over there.
And then his software packages at Spectrasonics were milestones.

But this one is kicking a** even by his standards: I simply never heard such realistic and at the same time extremely dynamic and vivid renditions of classic keys as these ones (and I heard some pretty good ones already!).
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also works inside Omnisphere.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
It also works inside Omnisphere.

Indeed this makes it even more valluable and flexible...

--------------------------------------------------

How about integrating all 4 Spectrasonics instruments into a hardware platform? That could definately rival Kronos?

Now wondering whats up next? Orchestral? Organs? Guitars? if he is moving towards real instruments, it could just happen...
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:

I do not own 2 but i own 1. And it is the most easiest on CPU i have software i use for music.

I have some old generation Xeon 4 core 10mb cache 3.7Khz Ivy Bridge.

Hopefuly high CPU requirments with 2 come for a reason.
I want to upgrade to 2 but at the moument i have no money.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite happy with the large variety of keyboard instruments I have at my disposal, both in software and in hardware form, so Spectrasonics' new offering is absolutely not a necessity for me.
And I think there are many others who feel the same way, in spite of the fact that Keyscape sounds wonderful and covers a very wide range of keyboard instruments, including some rarities.
I may end up buying it later anyway simply because of the quality of what is offered and the rare instruments included in Keyscape, but at the moment I have quite a few other priorities.

I think Spectrasonics made a mistake with the teaser campaign.
It led people to believe it was going to be an earth shaking revolutionary type of instrument, and when it turned out to be (another) collection of keyboard instruments, it backfired.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame nobody produces Empty Keyboard Cases. Same as buying a empty PC case for custom builds. I'd certainly make more use of DAW software if it could be installed into something that looks like a Musical Instrument and not a Desktop PC.

Regards
Sharp.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
I am quite happy with the large variety of keyboard instruments I have at my disposal, both in software and in hardware form, so Spectrasonics' new offering is absolutely not a necessity for me.
And I think there are many others who feel the same way, in spite of the fact that Keyscape sounds wonderful and covers a very wide range of keyboard instruments, including some rarities.
I may end up buying it later anyway simply because of the quality of what is offered and the rare instruments included in Keyscape, but at the moment I have quite a few other priorities.

I.

I am new to VI's. I am reading that owners of Scarbee, other VI's, are impressed by Keyscape. The Keyscape instruments are what I enjoy, the legacy type instruments.

Are there other VI's I should look at ? Or would all the choices cost more than $400 ?

I am keeping the Kronos.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
It's a shame nobody produces Empty Keyboard Cases. Same as buying a empty PC case for custom builds. I'd certainly make more use of DAW software if it could be installed into something that looks like a Musical Instrument and not a Desktop PC.

Regards
Sharp.

So True,
for me horizontal chassis with front panel as a control surface would be an ideal setup for a H/W instrument machine.

I have retired one of my old servers (decent build, with a Core 2 Duo O/C 'd to 3.Cool.
Am thinking of converting that into a dedicated VI Machine with RDP or VNC and some H/W control surface like a dual nano kontrol.

sorry for Off topic post.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: