Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M 50 Chord Assign

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Run

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: M 50 Chord Assign Reply with quote

Is it possible to change the four chords assign hand free by using the pedal or foot controler or by another way ?
Thanks.

Past gear: : Roland Juno 6, Korg Poly 800, Korg M1, Casio CZ 5000, Roland JX3P, Roland JX8P
Run

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody has any advice !!!!

Past gear: : Roland Juno 6, Korg Poly 800, Korg M1, Casio CZ 5000, Roland JX3P, Roland JX8P
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, and probably others, too, did look into it, but couldn't find a solution, though wasn't exactly sure what the question was asking - a foot controller or something to play the chords, or a way of assigning chords to the chord buttons without using hands.

Run

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="voip"]I, and probably others, too, did look into it, but couldn't find a solution, though wasn't exactly sure what the question was asking - a foot controller or something to play the chords, or a way of assigning chords to the chord buttons without using hands

Yes that's it I'd like to be able to play chords while playing guitar even if it's only four chords that can be complex using these chords buttons. Maybe it can't be done and maybe it can.

voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the M50 MIDI implementation, downloadable from the Korg support site, it seems that the four chord buttons are associated with control change messages, CC#110-113. A suitable foot controller, e.g. the Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller can be setup to transmit CC messages. The Roland FC-300 should also be capable of this, and probably other MIDI foot controllers.

I'm now pretty sure it can be done. I've just set up a Korg KONTROL49 so that pads 1-4 transmit CC messages #110-113 respectively on MIDI channel 1 and nothing happened, until the M50 was set up using the Global P2 CC Assign menu, where it is possible to assign the chord trigger switches from their default of "off" to respond to CC#110 to CC#113 and, lo and behold, the KONTROL49 pads were able to trigger the chords that were assigned to the M50's chord trigger switches. The M50's chord trigger switches work as well. The Global settings would need to be written to save the changes.

In fact, any CC message could be assigned to the chord switches, but assignment would need to be planned to avoid using CC messages that have been assigned to other controls.

Note added: So, yes, the foot controllers mentioned above would be able to trigger the M50's chords.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: