Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pagey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Help please! Reply with quote

I've tried to use the SAVE ALL function tonight to back up my PCG's, Sequences etc and keep getting an error message saying unable to save to medium when i try and save to either the HDD or a USB stick. Never had this before and I still have 6GB of storage left on the HDD. Do I need to be worried??? Mad
Also forgot to mention that the message only comes up when loading the WAv files for the sequencer

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the maximum filepath limit (filename plus the directory structure above it) have exceeded the limit of 76 characters?

pagey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved the file name as backup if that helps. Not entirely sure what you mean. Pardon my ignorance😂

voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The filepath describes the filename and its location in the filing system. For example:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\SynthMaster2.aaxplugin\Contents\Win32

The above is an example of a filepath on a windows PC's C: drive The directory structure consists of a series of subdirectories, ending in a subdirectory called Win32. The filepath, up to this point, is 87 characters long. Adding a file e.g. called backup.pcg to this directory will result in a further 10 characters in the complete filepath, giving a total of 97 characters. The Kronos has a limit of 76 characters, and will give an error message.

A newish standard Kronos X will report ~ 56GB HDD size with ~32GB free, so with 6GB of free HDD space left, the HDD is getting pretty chock full. An external HDD, or DVD writer might be the way to go. The Kronos will allow dividing saves across several volumes e.g. several DVDs.

pagey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Voip, Thanks for the reply. Im still not 100% sure what you mean.
Even when I try to "SAVE ALL" over an existing file name I am unable to do this.

Once the KRONOS has booted up I load in a .SNG file from the HDD which contains sequencer programs which contain some WAV files which I use as backup files.

The error appears to be when I'ms trying to save .SNG files. It gets to 17% and then comes up with the error "error in writing to medium". This happens when I try to save to either the HDD or the inserted USB stick.

Could this be being caused by a bad WAV file?

Thanks in advance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: