Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to recorde wavedrum do PC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvicente

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: How to recorde wavedrum do PC? Reply with quote

Hey Smile

I bought my new WD global and I am very excited with it. But I don't know how to record it to PC.

I tried to find some info on this forum about recording sounds from WD to PC, and I didn't catch it.

Can someone tell me how can I do it and witch cable do I need?
Flux Cobalt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need a Audio Capture Device and a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) to do that.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the PC has a built-in sound card, then a suitable cable to carry the audio from the Wavedrum to the PC line-in connector(s) will be necessary.

The colour coding for the line-in input is pink or red, though not all PCs follow this convention. There may also be an appropriate legend on the PC case next to the connector.

If the line-in connector is a 1/8" jack, then the chances are it is a stereo jack. What would be needed for this would be a cable with two 1/4" mono jacks at one end, to go into the wavedrum's L and R jacks, and with a 1/8" stereo jack on the other end to plug into the PC's line-in.

Generally speaking, the Wavedrum's volume will need to be set quite high in order for the output audio to match the input sensitivity of the line-in input. Since the headphone volume is also altered, this may result in an unacceptably high headphone volume, in which case a suitable volume controller may also be needed for the headphone lead.

As far as software goes, Audacity is freeware and relatively easy to use, and allows multiple tracks to be recorded, one stereo pair after another.

jeannie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank fpr great information.

ไฮโล
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: