Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2S sold it after 3 wks-samples cutoff when changing pattern
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stahlwerk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the limitations (and sloppy implementation) are really annoying, but I still haven't sold mine - yet...

It is interesting - the OP-1 also has limitations, but for some reason they don't feel as problematic; the OP-1 really feels like a well thought out instrument, designed and implemented by people who love using it. ES2 feels like a "design by committee" product, implemented by people that don't use it themselves, and who have never used a grove box...

Also, great contrast to Korgs Volca range - although more limited and lower spec'd they feel much better thought out. Korg should just let the Volca team design a new Electribe range; with Volca sample and Volca FM they have proven that they could make the best Electribe ever if they were given enough resources.
prints

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you switch a pattern on the E2S without sample tails getting abruptly cut off yet? Can you switch patterns without insert effects glitching out yet? If not, I have to take my hat off to you guys. You sure do have a lot of patience, and can put up with a lot of crap. I'll stick to all my machines that allow me to chain/switch patterns properly.
forsh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my e2s seems to switch patterns without making no glitches or samples getting cut off

not sure I can recreate the problem you guys are having

tell me how to recreate it and ill try see what its like

chris
prints

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forsh wrote:
my e2s seems to switch patterns without making no glitches or samples getting cut off

not sure I can recreate the problem you guys are having

tell me how to recreate it and ill try see what its like

chris

Make a pattern using a sample that is longer than the pattern length. When you switch patterns, does the sample continue playing or does it get cutoff abruptly?

Use the "repeater" insert effect on any given sound of a pattern. Make a copy of this pattern, except change the settings on the "repeater" effect to a different timing. Now chain/switch between these patterns. Does the effect behave as expected?

What are you guys even doing with these units if you don't notice these unavoidable glitches when changing patterns?
forsh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im using mine quite nicely as it is, making patterns that are the right lengh,not adding samples longer then patterns etc

isn't that quite normal that the sample will get cut off when changing a pattern if the sample is longer then the pattern

to me I wouldn't even think of putting a sample longer then the pattern in a pattern

like putting 2 liters of beer in a liter glass,,,something going wrong somewhere

after all it is just a tiny little computer trying to do something its not programmed to do

maybe a newer firmware that might get released might fix this problem your having

other then that,i think they are cool
prints

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forsh wrote:
im using mine quite nicely as it is, making patterns that are the right lengh,not adding samples longer then patterns etc

isn't that quite normal that the sample will get cut off when changing a pattern if the sample is longer then the pattern

to me I wouldn't even think of putting a sample longer then the pattern in a pattern

like putting 2 liters of beer in a liter glass,,,something going wrong somewhere

after all it is just a tiny little computer trying to do something its not programmed to do

maybe a newer firmware that might get released might fix this problem your having

other then that,i think they are cool

Samples that include reverb or delay tails that extend past your pattern length get cutoff. Maybe you want to do something wild like use an acapella that extends past your pattern length. I have an idea of what music sounds like that is only a repeating loop. It is a very standard way of working to expect a sample to finish playing rather than getting abruptly cutoff when switching patterns. This is the only sampler I've ever used in two decades that behaves like this.

Also, don't forget the glitchy insert effects. Expect less, and you will get less I suppose. I've found gear that fits my needs. Your response definitely helped me understand why Korg decides to release hobbled gear the way they do.

Last edited by prints on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
forsh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you get what you pay for
I think they are brilliant for the price

I cant afford a mpc at the moment so I will do with the electribe, I understand what your saying and don't take my post as negative , it never ment be negative even though me reading it back to myself ,it could of been taken that way

for 400 euros I think its very good for the money

im sure ill run into glitches and things ,but ill try to avoid them and use it for what it can do

have you still got one ,or did you not get another after you sold yours
prints

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forsh wrote:
you get what you pay for
I think they are brilliant for the price

I cant afford a mpc at the moment so I will do with the electribe, I understand what your saying and don't take my post as negative , it never ment be negative even though me reading it back to myself ,it could of been taken that way

for 400 euros I think its very good for the money

im sure ill run into glitches and things ,but ill try to avoid them and use it for what it can do

have you still got one ,or did you not get another after you sold yours

Honestly, if they fixed these two seemingly simple things, I'd consider buying one again. The samples getting cutoff abruptly is a deal breaker for me. Korg not acknowledging an issue just pisses me off too much.
forsh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be perfectly honest I don't think they will fix it

I think they would want the seemless sequence from pattern to pattern more gapless etc

a sample that's over the pattern lengh will just mess up the pattern synch in my eyes

I did recreate it though , play a sample that's long and turn the pattern knob
it cuts the sample off

but I use it to stop a sample playing Smile
7zark7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, there is a very simple workaround for this that just involves a little advance planning. I will provide a video link that I saw a while back just as soon as I can find it. As I recall, the answer is in making sure that the following pattern has that particular effect on the same pad as the previous pattern's trailing sound. I will go look for the video link.

-7zark7
Hardware: 1010 Audio Bitbox, Akai MAX25 pro, Alesis Micron, Korg ES2, Korg KP3, Korg microSampler MS-1, Korg Minilogue, Korg MS20 mini, Korg SQ-1, Korg Triton, Korg Volca Sample, Roland MC-307, Roland AIRA MX-1, Roland AIRA SYSTEM 1m, Roland JD-Xi, Roland AIRA Scooper, Roland AIRA Demora,
Software: Synapse-Audio Orion and loads of VST/VSTi
7zark7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSshJpbvZRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkCt1zXyasE
Hardware: 1010 Audio Bitbox, Akai MAX25 pro, Alesis Micron, Korg ES2, Korg KP3, Korg microSampler MS-1, Korg Minilogue, Korg MS20 mini, Korg SQ-1, Korg Triton, Korg Volca Sample, Roland MC-307, Roland AIRA MX-1, Roland AIRA SYSTEM 1m, Roland JD-Xi, Roland AIRA Scooper, Roland AIRA Demora,
Software: Synapse-Audio Orion and loads of VST/VSTi
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my Electribe 2 Sampler pretty much for this very reason, samples being cut off on pattern change. However clever you get with insert FX from one pattern to the next will NOT solve this. It's up to you to engineer your patterns for smooth changes from one to the next, so that means no slowly decaying sounds near the end of a pattern, otherwise the decay will be cut short.

The crappy little Volca Sample changes patterns beautifully, nothing gets cut off until a new sample is triggered on that part. That's how it should be.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
prints

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7zark7 wrote:
Here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSshJpbvZRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkCt1zXyasE

This only works for master effects, not insert effects
prints

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apapdop wrote:
I sold my Electribe 2 Sampler pretty much for this very reason, samples being cut off on pattern change. However clever you get with insert FX from one pattern to the next will NOT solve this. It's up to you to engineer your patterns for smooth changes from one to the next, so that means no slowly decaying sounds near the end of a pattern, otherwise the decay will be cut short.

The crappy little Volca Sample changes patterns beautifully, nothing gets cut off until a new sample is triggered on that part. That's how it should be.

It baffles me. I wrote Korg, and they weren't even working on fixing it. The majority of people here don't even seem to be aware of it. My SP-404 has a much better work flow because samples don't get abruptly cutoff when I don't want them to.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prints wrote:
apapdop wrote:

It baffles me. I wrote Korg, and they weren't even working on fixing it. The majority of people here don't even seem to be aware of it. My SP-404 has a much better work flow because samples don't get abruptly cutoff when I don't want them to.

The fact that most people seem to be unaware of it suggests that most people have no need for it. If it was seen as a big flaw then we'd all be aware of it. There are many things that require Korg's attention with these units and they should be focussing that attention where it is needed most, which is the issues that the majority of users have flagged and requested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: