Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa600 SAMPLE MODE [v2]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tombikadam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Pa600 SAMPLE MODE [v2] Reply with quote

I know it is not possible sampling but I watched a video that you can which is called "v2", you can externally load loops and it works like a charm

anyone tried this?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is safe but you will not find support here about this as it is illegal and will void your keyboards warranty.
tombikadam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you %100 sure that is it safe and is it only an os upgrade or changes sounds and rhythms?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my friend i can't help you with that.
As i already said it is supposed to be safe but if you chose to use it (don't know where you will get it though) you are on your own and even KORG will not help you if something goes wrong for any reason as this os is NOT official/original work.
If it breaks you got to pay at least for a new CPU board (approx 400$ as far as i know).
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tombikadam wrote:
are you %100 sure that is it safe and is it only an os upgrade or changes sounds and rhythms?

no, is not 100% save!
Why??....
1. Is not really upgrade, is just hack code of Korg ver.1.20 OS.
2. Is no warranty, if you do may works and you will be happy or your Korg is going to crash and reject,.. or worse, may got permanent damage.
---who you gonna call if something happen???
-- probable you won't even get your money back.
3. If Korg came with next legally OS version upgrade, your hacked version more likely reject upgrade or new Korg OS after hash testing won't let upgrade.
4. Many people think Korg only disable options for cheaper version, is not true, they also used lower grade parts, different chips, different CPU, etc.
--- so, think for example: how your old laptop with Windows XP going to work when skip checking compatibility and you force to Windows 8 or 10.
-- is gonna load welcome screen and nothing else going to works Laughing
5. You pay for your Korg, you can do whatever you like to do, is yours, but if you load not authorized by Korg OS version, if something happen:
a) you call Korg support,....they refuse to help.
b) you post here, we refuse to help
c) you gonna be on your own

Now think, if is really worth it to try this Question

BTW, I know exactly what to do in code to make this, but I will never try on my Pa600, I have been dealing with Computer Programming most of my live and I understand how this all works, Pa600 is already running on almost full capacity of installed parts, I don't wanna have my Keyboard crashing because will overload. Wink
Loading new OS to Korg is like changing firmware, means is not like on computer, where if you don't like you can click and Uninstall, in many cases is no way back.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
tombikadam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after reading your comment? NO Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik you are right except on one point.
Pa300/600/900/3xle/4x run EXACTLY on the same CPU/DSP configuration so pa300/600/900/3xle are NOT running at full CPU/DSP load for sure.The only think that changes in the main hardware configuration between pa300/600 and pa900/3xle/4x is the RAM IC.Also pa4x has bigger eMMC (16gb instead of 4gb as it needs it for the streamed pcm banks and the backup banks (in case something goes wrong with the working ones)).
The sampling option was left off on 300/600 just to be a reason for somebody that doesn't want more ram to get a pa900 instead.Also if it couldn't handle it, it wouldn't be that easy to enable it (cause thats what you do ,you don't write any new code, code is already inside).
I got a bit technical here only because you pointed that you know how to do it Wink
tombikadam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sampling is very important I guess for a keyboard and it is a big fail for me not able to use this function, and KORG is always very stingy about putting RAM, you pay 1500$ for a keyboard and it have 96MB RAM!, this is bullshit man, we are dealing in this age with Gigabytes not Megabytes lol Smile look at tyros 2-3-4... they have always 1gb option, at least 512MB is a must, this sales policy is crap.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the sound synthesis options of the engine inside korg arranger is way deeper than the yamaha as far as i am aware of so you can actually do way more things with 96mb than with 1gb of tyros !!
Except if you know nothing about sound creation and modeling you want to put inside the full 30sec to 1min length of each note (lets say a piano or guitar).
If you play one music style at a time you don't need more than 64mb for the full orchestra and the right hand/solo playing instruments...
Even the 32mb of pa300 are enough when you know what you want and how to do it right to save space!!Remember, older keyboards had a factory library of only 8-32mb for ALL instruments and they sound not so far away from todays gigabytes of libraries!Of course a library will sound a bit better if programmed correctly but the difference is not so huge in my opinion in regard to the space required!
Same on pc's over the years...Some years ago (20+) they only programmed in ASM (assembly) and the programs run waaaay faster that todays programs due to optimization in the computer resources!
A more recent example is playstation 2 vs playstation 3!
PS2 had <300mhz single core cpu and the newer machine had an single core 3.2ghz power pc with 8 helper cores running different threads! Their performance though doesn't represent the processing power due to higher level programming so not the same level of optimization on compiled code!!
tombikadam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah u r right but for example when you try to use loops along with the styles, you get stuck instantly as me Laughing therefore there must always be an expansion option for an arranger keyboard in my opinion
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

Musiccankill, you are right on practically all aspects.-
I don't like Yamaha keyboard, it's sound engine is not as realistic as Korg, Roland or Kurzweil.-
Although PA series are specifically arrangers, they have the same capabilities you'll find on some workstations and synths.- Naturally they are limited, otherwise there won't be reasonable produce keyb like flagship Kronos.-
PA 300/600/900 have a reasonable price for what they let you do.-
About your need of sampling, you must think on a workstation like Krome or Kronos, or Kross (i dont't like these one).-
About the need of gigabytes, i agree with Musiccankill, 32 mg in most cases are enough to get a good sound.-
Although most of Kronos pianos sound absolutly perfect, some older sound module sound equaly good, for example Roland 2080 with only 64 voices.-
Sounding is a personal tast, and not only depends on keyboard sound engine.- On live situations your hardware (amp, compressors, eq, loudspeakers, mixer, etc.) will mark the final result.- On studio, your mixer capabilities and effect processors will let you get the best sound.-
Sampling is partially important, practically todays keyboards gets inside high quality samples that don't justify inserting new samples.-
I learn that on new keyb there is much to test before thinking on add samples.-
It's just a opinion.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

Again me.-
About loops, i forgot to mention that you can do extraordinary loop using PADS.- It's just necesary to read the manual and put your hands on it.- Pads programing it's in conjunction with performances, songbook, the most powerfull Korg introduces on PA keyb.-
Another way to insert loops is creating phrases midi, where you have practically no limits.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Eduardo_Arg
You really think Pa600 is cost to much compare to what you get ?

look in 10, 15, 20 years back, remember how much was cost keyboards ?

@musiccankill
If they do only enable Sampler in correct way, yes nothing wrong.
for skills programmers is piece cake, few minutes to change few words in coding
change false to true. Wink
But... they try to make money on this, and they not even doing right. Laughing

Why they don't correct bugs in Pa600, why they don't rewrite code and sync Pads with midi messages, so Pad can be control externally ???
Is many things in Pa600 to be improve, why they try to make money on cheap code hack??
Wink
@tombikadam
Are you really think Yamaha has better value products that Korg ?
Try to import midi to Style in Tyros, or for Advanced Styles try to make 6 CV for variation . Laughing

Look on PSR Yamaha keyboards, how they upgrading OS, ...they don't you own PSR 750, they don't adding anything, if they add some feature is already PSR 770. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nemik:

Perhaps you misunderstood me.-
What i want to say is PA600 value each cent it costs.-
I have one and i think it's an excellent kby.-
By the way in my case, is a PA600 sound module, because i "cut" it to be one (no keybed, no speakers).- I use it with Oxygen 88 controller (it's perfect) to develope my loops and background chords.-
On stage, i control it with my Kronos (the best synth ever made).-
Yamaha sucks.-
With regards.
Eduardo
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eduardo the pa600 is a very very good keyboard i agree with you!I even like the pa300 a lot!!
I am thinking to make a tabletop version of the pa800 with only the keys i need and nothing more as i have some spare motherboards and cpu boards but i have no time to make custom panelboards as it isn't booting without them unfortunately...
Personally i don't like the kronos too much but i play way different music!!
I recently got a waldorf blofeld and it blew my mind away with its capabilities!!I LOVE it!!
I also have a chance to get a krome cheap (500euros) but i am not sure if i ll go for it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: