Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa600 SAMPLE MODE [v2]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Musicankill

PA600 is a very good keyboard.- If you want to get more from it you must invest some time exploring all its capabilities.-

Till i bought Kronos, i use to simulate phrases like Karma.- It's not the same but when you don't have a keyboard that implement Karma Soft, you can simulate it using lots of functions existing on PA600.- Perhaps to get best results, PA600 should have a better sound engine. RX is not the best, but is far away better than Yamaha's, and absolutly programable in deep.-

About Kronos, probably you could not invest some time; is multiple sound engines, with the best samples you can get in the market, all in one keyboard, no aditional modules, no aditional soft.- For my Kronos is the best of the best.- I could test long time ago an Oasys, so i can sure you Kronos is an Oasys x 100.-

A friend of my like using VST an modules, and i test Waldorf, is a really good machine, but i prefer 1 synth 1 keyboard, i think musicians must put his attention on playing, so i choose a keyboard that have's all (multiple sound engines, the most powerfull sequencer, and the power of Karma).-

With Regards
Eduardo
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Eduardo , are you sure you wanted to quote me?
I said that the pa600 IS way better and deeper than the yamaha alternatives!!
I also have the pa3x and the pa800.I rarely use them except for testing cpu boards and playing with their internals as my hobby..
I play electronic music so an arranger is not working for me!
I have a fantom x6 and a waldorf blofeld for playing! Very Happy
Your answer is very informative so thank you anyway! Very Happy
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

I play electronic music so an arranger is not working for me!

If you love play electronic music you will love to have Kronos. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:

Hmm you think?
I don't know, its a very good synth but i prefer more knobs for realtime modification or at least do them without touching any menus.The waldorf's XY matrix is perfect for realtime sound editing.
I was about to get a kronos 88 once but i gone to check its sound and it wasn't something my pc can't do except for the rompler part which i don't care anyway!Maybe i didn't gave it enough time and i should check on it again sometime.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
Nemik wrote:

Hmm you think?
I don't know, its a very good synth but i prefer more knobs for realtime modification or at least do them without touching any menus.The waldorf's XY matrix is perfect for realtime sound editing.
I was about to get a kronos 88 once but i gone to check its sound and it wasn't something my pc can't do except for the rompler part which i don't care anyway!Maybe i didn't gave it enough time and i should check on it again sometime.

Kronos 88 and 76 has full weighted keys, good for piano players, 61 has semi-weight, for synth I think better.
Yes you right, more control is always better, but Kronos is best Workstation, because of karma and combi, nothing can even compare what Kronos can do with sequencing, also to Combi scenes tracks you can assign any effects, not like with Pa Arranger limitation to 3-4 (or 2 in Pa600) in 1 STS.
In Kronos you have 16 Midi + 16 audio track for sequence. Wink
Has SST, Smooth Sound Transition, which is excellent feature .
Like Eduardo_Arg said, you got 9 sound Engines, with huge RAM space for sampling.
I spoke with few good musicians using Kronos, they said on Kronos can make any sound, is no sound existing Kronos wouldn't be available play.
Kronos is on 1-st place in my next shopping list. Wink
All what you need, you just try for few hours, then you see, you gonna love it.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Daibang

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sampler for pa600 will work but it may destroy your styles. I installed sampler to my pa600 but it screwed some of my own styles (tempo change EQ change)In other words my styles were unable to be played sound was horrible. Thank God I made bkp file before I installed sampler so I Could restore my old settings.
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think today its first thing to do backup before modifying everything not just on keyboard... cellphone, pc or whatever.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: