Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help requested with Electribe Sampler 2 Workflow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tribeson11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Help requested with Electribe Sampler 2 Workflow Reply with quote

I've been trying to find an answer looking around online and haven't yet, despite the many reviews, vids, etc. The manual seems to indicate that when you sample, length is limited to overall record time. When I sample, I want to set the bpm, press record, and have it record ONLY e.g. 4 bars. Then stop automatically after exactly 4 bars, so I have an exact 4 bar loop for that bpm. I've heard the ES2 can only do 4 bars at a time anyway (or just 2??) So if I set the bpm, hit record and play, and let it sample, will it automatically cut off at the end of the 4 bars? Or will it keep going and I have to manually edit my end point? And if it does keep recording after a 4 bar, will it only Play the sample to 4 bars? The manual edit of end point is a workflow killer to me, I need to be able to continually sample to different tracks and if I have to stop and edit every time its a no-go. Anyone who can shed some light on this for me? Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks!
sohatyi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ES2 isn't really a phrase sampler or a looper. There are better tools for that job. If you want to loop, checkout the Boss RC505
Novation: UltraNova, Nova
Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X, DX11, DX Reface, YC Reface
Other: Zoom R24, Quasimidi 309, Beat Thang, Akai MPC1000 and a couple of Omnichords
tribeson11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I really appreciate your input and any additional input anyone may have. I've used the RC-505 before and the sound quality is sh*t. And I'm hoping someone can answer my workflow questions as they pertain to the ES2, even if it isn't an "official" looper or phrase sampler. Thanks!
Pepper Astro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I certainly was hoping for such a workflow but alas...no go.
Here's something I found that has helped me though:
http://mp3.deepsound.net/eng/samples_calculs.php

find the calculator:
To find notes length in samples with tempo and sampling rate
enter the BPM. the sampling rate should be 48000.
then the number it spits out would be what you dial in for the sample end
on the 'tribe.

i hope i'm not wrong. i've only done it a couple of time...
but i've gotten perfect loops this way. thank goodness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: