Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Korg for the visually impaired

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfibraio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: King Korg for the visually impaired Reply with quote

Hi. I have had a King Korg since April and I love it. ONe area that is a real headache is the virtual patch screens. I've managed to get most of the menu structure from the parameter guide and can count key presses to get to most things, but the layout of the virtual patch screen is not clear to me. I know there are 6 sources and a bunch of desintations or something to ath effect. This may be a tedious process, but is there anyway we can get a list of each source and each destination so I can arrow to each option and look up in the chart what each press of the up or down arrow gets me to? For instance...

source
osc1
osc2
osc3
lfo1

I'm probably not explaining this correctly, but if I had it written out what each source was and each destination was in the list, in order, I could probably get that section of the King Korg to a usable state for me. If you need any further clarification, let me know.
noguud

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the parameter guide already, check out pages 12 - 13. There are a couple of tables that give you what I believe is the correct order for each virtual patch screen.

The flow basically:
Source -> Destination -> Intensity
for all six of them.

One thing to remember if you are relying on counting... at least with my Kingkorg, starting with a blank initialized patch does not mean each virtual patch parameter is reset to the 1st item in each table. When you get to a source or destination you want to edit, you may want to do a half turn to the left to get each source/dest at the first value in the table. Then you should be able to count each click and get the source or destination you want without needing to read the screen.

Good luck, I hope that helps.
noguud

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, one more tip (maybe there's a better way?)...

For a shortcut to the virtual patch screens, I use the shift - Arp/Tempo button. Then its just a handful of up arrows and you are in the virtual patch section. Less clicking with that arrow. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: