Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequence Chords

View previous topic :: View next topic  
limik

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: Sequence Chords Reply with quote

Is it possible to sequence the chords from chord mode on the electribe 2?

Thanks!
immon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you have to play them in from chord mode.

What you can do however is tweak the parameter for chord type whilst you are playing them in. This way you can get chords type 1 to 5 involved.

Other chords are easy enough to play in if you experiment with your fingering as the chord mode chords are limited. I use both methods Cool
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love chord mode but to be honest, the voicings are so specific and linear that every time I use it I feel like my track starts to sound like every other track I used it for. My preferred method for chord entry -

Hold Shift and hit the Chord button to pull up the chord mode menu. Select chord option 1 or 2, for the most minimal chords it allows. Then record a basic progression. Then record again and add more notes on top of each chord in keyboard mode. This you come up with interesting voicings without relying on the generic jazzy ones you find in settings 3, 4 and 5. I wish there was a way to mix those up.

Another fun thing to do is to change chords on a single pad by switching between Chord Mode settings as you hold down the pad. It'll record the changes in. It's a nice way to add movement to your progressions.
limik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! will try that out for sure. Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: