Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 sampler - new firmware midi improvements? + sample time?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
threearabs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: E2 sampler - new firmware midi improvements? + sample time? Reply with quote

Hi Korg people.

I'm trying to work out if I will be able to send sequences to my other hardware with the E2S. I read a review when it was first released saying the the drum notes are exported on all 16 channels rather than just 1. This was the same reason I returned the Volca sample.

I want to be able to send a sequence to an old akai sampler on one channel and also send a sequence a microkorg xl on another channel, and another sequence to another synth on a 3rd channel.

Is this possible?

Also,
If I have a large SD card can I record a large amount of samples and export them? This is the other potential limitation I am hoping no longer exists.

Thanks heaps,
Lachie
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, yes you can sequence other devices via the E2S. I'm doing this myself.

Regarding the recording of samples, you can record and export them to your SD card but you cannot load more than 25mb of samples at any one time, and that includes the samples that are already in the unit.

Hope that helps.
threearabs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thats what I want and thats what makes it better than the SP -404 sx for me..

Just to double check before I make the purchase though... It's possible to sequence multiple instruments on their own individual midi channels?
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each of the 16 tracks on the e2s sends to its own midi channel, so yes, as long as the receiving devices can be set to match.
threearabs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again fellas. for some reason I couldn't get a clear answer from reading the manuals. Could only find a post before the firmware update came out saying that drum parts were split across 16 different channels like on the vocla sampler
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One internal sound per track/pad/channel.
MIDI ch. are hard wired, can't change anything there.
So I guess it is the same as the volca sample?(not sure - I don't own the volca)
If the volca didn't work for you, not sure why this would?
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to sequence 3 synths they have to each be on their own midi ch. That leaves you 13 tracks on the e2 to do drums or other sounds.
zakary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many samples can be loaded at a time, provided the 25mb limit?
One on each pad? or in banks like the mpc's

I'm new to this machine and still going through manual, parameter guide etc.
thanks
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do yourself a favor and check out all the YouTube tutorials you can. Also read through the old posts on this forum. All your questions are probably already answered.
Honestly it would take me too long to describe how the machine works in detail and I am typing on an iPhone Smile
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zakary wrote:
how many samples can be loaded at a time, provided the 25mb limit?
One on each pad? or in banks like the mpc's

I'm new to this machine and still going through manual, parameter guide etc.
thanks

One sample per pad dude
bobbyquine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry to crash in here but I'm also checking back to see if anything changed. Can you sequence external cc's on with the midi out yet, or still notes only?
Thanks
krypt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i hope it won't be offtopic, also didn't want to create separate one.
i have a problem with my e2s. It sequences blofeld and when there are factory patterns, it does it well (even though i use some user blank patters, never those factory presets). Altough, when i erase all factory patterns and load blank pattern file, the midi sequencing is not working.
I've tried to set up midi send and midi receive channels on both devices, but it seems like after loading blank patterns Korg does not send midi signal at all. But it takes only to "reset to the factory settings" and midi signal are being send again without problems - but the patters are not blank and they have pre-programmed some sequences that i don't like.
Anyone know this issue?
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krypt wrote:
hi,
i hope it won't be offtopic, also didn't want to create separate one.
i have a problem with my e2s. It sequences blofeld and when there are factory patterns, it does it well (even though i use some user blank patters, never those factory presets). Altough, when i erase all factory patterns and load blank pattern file, the midi sequencing is not working.
I've tried to set up midi send and midi receive channels on both devices, but it seems like after loading blank patterns Korg does not send midi signal at all. But it takes only to "reset to the factory settings" and midi signal are being send again without problems - but the patters are not blank and they have pre-programmed some sequences that i don't like.
Anyone know this issue?

If the pattern is blank nothing will be sent via midi.
krypt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this remark.
i knew i'm missing something from the patterns after loading blank ones. altough i thought, that the midi notes will be sent after pushing the pads.
Could you tell me please which setting should i change in order to send the midi signal from blank pattern?
zakary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krypt wrote:
thanks for this remark.
i knew i'm missing something from the patterns after loading blank ones. altough i thought, that the midi notes will be sent after pushing the pads.
Could you tell me please which setting should i change in order to send the midi signal from blank pattern?

For each pad you want to trigger external midi, set the oscillator to Audio in mono so no internal sounds/samples are played as well on that pad.

Keep in mind that pad1=midi ch1, pad2=midi ch2 ... pad16=midi ch16, this cannot be changed.

Also check that you external synth is in multitimbral mode and is receiving on these channels, for example part1 on the blofeld (bass for example) should be set to midi ch1 and so on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: