Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias Editor for Mac broken in Sierra?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mephistopheles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Radias Editor for Mac broken in Sierra? Reply with quote

Or is it just me? It opens fine but crashes and quits as soon as I try to do something in it. Anyone using it on Mac OS X Sierra?
rukaav

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, mephistopheles.
After installation the first launch is fine. I created new file, edited patch (even without Radias connected) and it didn't crash. But the second (and all the following) launches are unsuccessful, the Editor crashes. After the re-installation, again, the first launch is ok, the following not.
Btw, I couldn't connect Radias properly. I mean all the settings were done right, but it didn't received programs from synth showing something like connection problem.
mephistopheles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to spin up a VM running El Capitan (where it was last known to work) and I'll post here with my results when I've done so.
rukaav

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've contacted Korg's support, but I doubt they are going to answer
rukaav

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a funny massage from Korg:

"Thanks for contacting Korg USA Product Support.
For assistance, please contact the Korg distributor in your country. You can locate the distributor by visiting http://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/"

Seems like an auto-reply, or otherwise the answer is pretty stupid. Both variants won't make us happy.
BRIAR BOY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found out the hard way tonight, Radias Sound Editior won't even open, so that's means I'm stuck with one sound set? Is it possible to go back to the older OS?
rukaav

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only confident way to solve the problem came in my mind is using apps like Parallels to run Windows (e.g. 7) and open Editor from there.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: editor in windows 10 Reply with quote

editor in windows 10.
mine works on win 10, at least right now lol!!
cheap 700.00 acer laptop with the 16 gb memory.
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
mephistopheles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My solution:

Install earlier MacOS to external HDD and use Startup Disk in System Preferences (or similar) to select what I want to use. The earlier OS is basically just to run the editor as I rarely program in that kind of depth when doing general music stuff.

Works for me as I generally go on sound creation binges but others will probably prefer a virtualised solution in order to maintain as smooth a workflow as possible in their studios. When working on music creation, I'm happy enough with the knobs and menus on the Radias itself, although it can make more complex sound creations a bit irksome.
ianc1975

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Sierra problem Reply with quote

I contacted Korg UK support as soon as i had upgraded to Mac OS Sierra.

They sent me a very stroppy reply saying, "what makes you think it is an issue with Sierra"?

To which my reply was: I use the Sound Editor software almost every day and it was working fine the day before I upgraded.

They then sent me a reply saying that they do not support the Radias anymore given that it is a long deleted item and they will not be working on any further updates to this software.

So basically they said, tough sh*t, pal.

If anyone figures a way to fix this without having to roll back my Mac OS version then I would be grateful.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: