Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No playback sound using M3 Plug-in Editor with Cubase

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: No playback sound using M3 Plug-in Editor with Cubase Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to record in Cubase Pro 8 using my M3 via USB. I've installed the M3 MIDI plug-in. When I record, it shows the MIDI notes being recorded, but when playing it back, there is no sound. Am I missing something obvious? While recording, I'm using headphones which goes directly to the keyboard, which I have to as far as I'm concerned, but shouldn't the recording be able to be played back through my computer speakers (which Cubase is connected to)?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the only connection between the M3 and the computer is USB then you won't hear any sound on the computers speakers. The M3 USB connection is for MIDI only, no audio is sent.

You can send the audio using the 1/4 inch outputs, SPDIF, or FireWire (if FireWire board is installed). You will also need an audio interface for the connection. There are many inexpensive USB audio interfaces available.
Khin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
If the only connection between the M3 and the computer is USB then you won't hear any sound on the computers speakers. The M3 USB connection is for MIDI only, no audio is sent.

You can send the audio using the 1/4 inch outputs, SPDIF, or FireWire (if FireWire board is installed). You will also need an audio interface for the connection. There are many inexpensive USB audio interfaces available.

Using one of those connections, will I still be able to record it as MIDI, or do I have to record it as an audio track?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khin wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:

Using one of those connections, will I still be able to record it as MIDI, or do I have to record it as an audio track?

You can still record the MIDI on the computer but you will need to keep both connections. When you playback you will send the MIDI back to the M3. You can also record the audio track.
Khin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I get what you're saying. Can I record MIDI like I would using a NI Kontakt plugin with Cubase? And edit it like MIDI the way you can edit all MIDI in Cubase? Using a jack from the M3 to the audio interface in addition to the USB connected to the computer, I can create an audio track to record the M3 as audio. But for using the M3 Plugin Editor and record as MIDI, I have to create an instrument track and load the Plugin Editor up. With the jack connected, there is still no sound when playing back the recorded event.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do what you want. I'm not familiar with Cubase so I can't be of much help with that but check the output routing in Cubase and be sure things are set up correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: