Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Better days ahead

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnbutt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Better days ahead Reply with quote

I know that this forum is not the place for politics but one cannot avoid hearing the election chaos going on in the USA these days. I just wanted to let our USA members know that Canada is your northern neighbour and we are your friends. Our new Prime Minister has just had 1 full year in office today and Canada has survived just fine. Hang in there folks. Smile Graydon
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
Perilous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, better days are not ahead. We're trying to brace ourselves for the ensuing calamity. I fear that if Russia is provoked and World War III begins, there will be a civil war within America.

Every forum is a place for politics now. Yes, we should discuss Korg stuff primarily. There has been a great exchange of ideas here. I have a Korg Kronos and a Hammond XK-5 behind me. None of it matters now. What good are these things when we have no peace? Who knows if we'll have electricity to run these amazing machines? And if we do, will I be drafted into an army we shouldn't have to fight for the wrong country for a cause I don't believe in?

Sheesh. Doom and gloom. Why does this election have such a tremendous impact as compared to previous ones? Losing the election is not an option. There's no chance for a second go. There's no more waiting it out for another 4 years. Is this really the point of no return?

Life has been good. It has been really great. Anything I wanted, I worked and paid for. I have a job and a roof over my head. It's been an easy, comfortable life. Can I possibly believe that World War III is right around the corner? Isn't that total nonsense? And what if we don't go to war? Will I be imprisoned for my Faith? There's no New World to sail to this time.

No, you're are right. Better days are ahead, but life will be very difficult for the next decade. Can we survive it? Can I feed myself and my loved ones? I don't know how to do anything. Customer service and playing music is all I have. I'm not an engineer, not a scientist, not a doctor, not a farmer, not carpenter, not a plumber... This 6-tier stack of keyboards means nothing.
Escapegoat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still... mustn't grumble.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perilous:
You have an option.

Leave.

Freedom isn't free. All I read in your post is selfishness and greed. "You have what you want," you might be drafted and have to fight for a "wrong" country you don't believe in, "I have," "I have," "I have.

Not: "What can I give?"

I don't read one single iota of desire to protect what you have. You expect others to do that for you.

Yet you complain.

Leave. Go to a country where you don't have to worry about that.

But if you don't, know that there are still people that will go in harm's way to protect that which you won't; people that know that freedom ISN'T free, and that it's been painted with gallons of blood of the people that know the last best hope for humanity is worth the sacrifice.

Because you obviously can't see past your own greed.

..Joe
Perilous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're quite right, Joe. It's no wonder that we're in this situation because of people like me. I need a quick about-face before it's too late. I want the chance that previous generations had. Ah, but I am selfish beyond all telling. A sissy. Feminized. Cowardly. Turned inward.

Is it possible to change? Science is settled. Arguments are never won. Mindsets are set in stone. Debates are never honest. Is it possible to change?
You're right, Joe. I shouldn't complain. I should rejoice at the chance to fight the good fight at its height, elbows linked, forward march.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, you could just grow some hair on them and be a man.

..Joe
Perilous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! What am I supposed to do? Post my battle plans here?

Honestly, Joe. I don't understand the meaning of my first post. smh.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, the discussion of politics is one of the 3 banned subjects on the forum.

1: No Religion
2: No Politics
3: No Sexual Content
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: