Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 - IFX Wet/Dry Level

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larvicide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: E2 - IFX Wet/Dry Level Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just became a member to ask you about this. Can i change wet/dry level of the insert fx manually? Is it possible? As far as i understand the "edit" knob of the insert fx changes "a specific parameter" of the fx but can i use it as a wet/dry knob? What i want to do is, giving bit crush slowly to a sound when sequence is playing but if i do this change with "IFX On/Off" button the sound changes abruptly and it sounds ugly. If i can't change wet/dry level of ifx well any solutions will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effects don't have wet/dry level adjustment. They are presets with 1 knob to control them.

This makes some effects useless. Short Delay, for example, is preset at a very dry level - the effect is just too quiet. And there's no feedback either - just time. And even worse, time control is lower-res than the already low-res MIDI values - it does not even use all 128 steps for time adjustments!

Distortion. It sounds pretty good. But crank it up, and it's loud. It probably overwhelms the other parts. There's no post-gain adjustment, auto compensation, or wet/dry. You can't use it. It's useless.

Maybe you think, aha! I'll turn the part itself down! That will be like a way to tame the volume! But part level comes pre-insert effect. So that part level knob acts just like the insert control, you turn it down and the distortion goes away.

The bit/rate effects are 100% wet, no pre-effect signal is mixed in. Ring Mod is stuck at 50% wet.

A shift function for each of the insert effects would go a long way to making the e2 better.

Don't hold your breath.
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ted3000, just wanted to chip in - what an excellent summary, you've given, of all that is wrong with the effects as they currently are.
bladuck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:

A shift function for each of the insert effects would go a long way to making the e2 better.
Don't hold your breath.

E3 2017 I hope
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: