Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos organs.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Kronos organs. Reply with quote

I see the post about an inexpensive but very good, bette then Kornos hammond sound. I one the other hand love Pipe Organs. Probably love that sound more then any other. So in that vein what is a really good pipe organ AU/vst. AU because I use logic. I was looking at this, Hauptwerk

Any thoughts are welcome.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combination mode is perfect for emulating organs. In fact in my dissertation at university I came to the conclusion that modern workstation 'combi' and 'multi' modes can trace their heritage right back to pipe organs, being effectively 'ensemble at your fingertips' instruments.

There are some really nice pipe organ combis (and programs) already on the Kronos, but some new samples wouldn't be unwelcome.. You can mute and balance individual registers with the control panel Mixer section just as you can with the CX3 EXi ToneAdjust, as long as the combi timbres are arranged in a sensible manner.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never replied to this thread. Thanks X-trade, it does seem every time I start making a program it ends up being kind of oganish, even when i try to av old that. Now I have a computer that can handle Hauptwerk I am going to buy it just working on deciding which version. Did you ever dig into it? Or anyone else on here for that matter ever dig into Hauptwerk? I see it can be quite a slippery slope as I am already eyeballing piece to build a console at some point. But for now the Kronos and my midid boards will work fine and this i think will be as close as i will ever come to having my own pipe organ. Any knowledge or experience you all can share about this program would be welcomed. thanks! Very Happy
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it doesn't seem there is to much experience with this software here. I have ordered and am really looking forward to it. I am betting with the Rise and this connected to my Kronos I will be as close to heaven as I can get without actually going there!

Now I have not connected my laptop to the Kronos and I am on a MacBook pro so I assume this will be the first hurdle. Thanks all for considering and reading the post, X-Trade thanks for the comment.
slowtrain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use samples, you might find this useful

https://www.samplephonics.com/products/free/sampler-instruments/the-leeds-town-hall-organ
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowtrain thanks that looks promising. Curious I use logic and have exs24 and NI Kontak player, would it make much difference to use one over the other? I have been using Logic for almost everything butI can load Kontak in Logic and exs24 is native to logic.

Also I didn't get to deep into the website yet but would these samples work in the Kronos? That would be a great option and save a lot of SSD space in my laptop.
slowtrain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. To be honest, I haven't started using samples yet myself, so I can't offer you any useful advice. I just happened to remember that sample pack from an advertisement when I read your post. I'm sure someone else can help you out though
guntun63

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Leeds organ sounded very nice. Is there any way to get some of the samples loaded into the Kronos?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: