Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x OS 1.2.4 available !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deminda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Pa4x OS 1.2.4 available !!! Reply with quote

Korg has released a new update !!
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/516/2634/
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
korgpask

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: MP3 harmonizer is not Reply with quote

MP3 harmonizer can play MP3 song and Korg Pa3X Harmonizer himself! It creates harmony singing and there is no need to enter chords hands !!

This possibility has so far only KORG PAX !!!!!
the Korg Pa4X still missing - not !!!
the new system 1.2.4 MP3 harmonizer not.

Korg ignores such a great and used function ?????
Many owners do not want Pa3X just for this mistake - missing the opportunity - Function - do not want to buy - make the transition to Korg Pa4X !!!! Still waiting for that Korg axle.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this is not in the PA4X specifications....
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mstodola

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete --- It seems like all this update focuses on really is encryption which does nothing for the end user. Now a bug report regarding the songbook is starting. I was hoping for more.

*Style Play The Damper&Latch status (Global > Mode Preferences > Style page) was not always saved.
*Style Record When entering Style Record mode a second time on a track set to External mode (Style Play > Track Controls > Mode page), notes were not recorded.
*Sequencer Repeated transposing of all tracks in Song Edit (Sequencer > Song Edit > Transpose page) could crash the system.
*Musical Resources Factory Samples #379 and #380 contained a looping error.

*Added a bug in the songbook. Shocked
eli125

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 2 4 is now in the news on korg.com but any bugs and what means the fixed loops anything i will see a different
korgpask

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: MP3 harmonizer Pa3X and Pa4X Reply with quote

MP3 harmonizer Pa3X and Pa4X

For many, one member of the musicians this is a huge help, service, function.
This has no other tool I know.

Korg Pa3X YES

Korg Pa4X top model NO !

Stilli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: MP3 harmonizer Pa3X and Pa4X Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
MP3 harmonizer Pa3X and Pa4X

For many, one member of the musicians this is a huge help, service, function.
This has no other tool I know.

Korg Pa4X top model NO !

This is a standard feature in the TC-Helicon Voice Processors and has been omitted in the PA4X, one of the reasons I don't use the Vocal Harmony feature on the PA4X but have the TC-Helicon Voicelive 3 and use that instead as always.

Its shouldn't be a big deal to include this essential setting on the PA4X and I cannot understand any reason to leave it out, I agree that it should be included. No point including the TC-Helicon stuff if it isn't at least featuring settings essential to all the sound sources of the PA4X.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
eli125

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.2.1 works good for me will 1.2.4 be the same or more buggy also the loops for #380 #379 for what sound is it did someone noticed the difference thanx
mstodola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there is a reason to own a Helicon.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to some stability with this keyboard - like I had with my PA3X

I so hope the team get good support from their management to get this keyboard stable like they have done in the past.

I'm seriously not updating my PA4X again until I have some confidence. I'm locking mine at 1.2.1 for now and waiting......
I have every confidence in the Korg Italy team but hope they are getting the support and resources they need to progress from their new management structure.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pete, that's exactly my stance, I have updated my Pa4x right up to 1.2.1 but I am holding off this 1.2.4 OS until the gremlins are banished. Pretty much the Pa4x is stable under 1.2.1 except for the transposition issues and lockups when using the sequencer where if you make multiple transposition adjustments the instrument locks up. I brought this to the attention of Korg and few months back and with full credit to both Korg UK and the Italian team they implemented a fix for this right in 1.2.4. However with the Songbook issues of freeze up reported the lesser of the two evils for me is to have my songbook working and muddle on with the transpose Freeze ups. Hopefully the next OS will both address the Songbook and Transpose lock ups finally.
As a community we are long suffering with a host of issues due to oversights or poor testing on the part of Korg and the same seems to be true trawling through the Kronos Forum here. Like you have highlighted we all hope the Korg provide the resources to the coding team to get to grips with the various issues and hand us a instrument without these annoying setbacks.

What I don't get is the Pa4x is Korg's flagship product with a current U.K. Price tag of £ 3400.00 and here we are still showing concerns for the issues that have been highlighted by its user base, what is Korg thinking here ?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
What I don't get is the Pa4x is Korg's flagship product with a current U.K. Price tag of £ 3400.00 and here we are still showing concerns for the issues that have been highlighted by its user base, what is Korg thinking here ?

They are not thinking, we are! - Testing their unfinished product, telling them about problems/bugs - and yet they cant fix them.
I bet most of those bugs are in just several line of code, but we are, on bottom of their priority list. Ignore problems you have or if you cant live with them, just sell pa4 and get something else and again start playing/enjoying your music Smile
eli125

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in 1.2.1 i can not lock the split level i tried in globel but whan changing a sound it changes the split level is 1.2.4 better ?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my pa4x, i am at version 1.0.3... can i update this in a single step to 1.2.4?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: