Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Channels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loopman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Midi Channels Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have every of the E2 pads (1-16) transmitting on a different Midi channel?
For instance, the Trigger Pad 1 sending Midi note C4 on Midi channel 1,
Trigger Pad 2 sending Midi note C#4 on Midi Channel 2 and so on..
I have a TX 802 and I wish to sequence its internal drums/percussion sounds with the sequencer of my Electribe 2 (Grey), but every TX 802's timbre needs to be triggered with a different number of Midi channel and Midi Note.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Let me know,
Thank you very much
hztirf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Would it be possible to have every of the E2 pads (1-16) transmitting on a different Midi channel?

Yes, it is by default. Each pad has its own MIDI channel (1-16).
Z7A

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want C#4 to play when you push pad 2 you need to change this global setting:
TRIGGER MODE
Seq 1st

Record C#4 to pad 2. Then press the Sequencer button, and inctivate the red pad(s) where the note was recorded. The electribe will still sense that C#4 is the 1st note stored in the sequence. Repeat with the other pads and the notes you want them to play. Or use the step sequencer for the 1st notes. Save the pattern and then it's ready to record whatever you drum on the pads.

I use this along with the COPY SOUND function. By having the same sound on several parts one gets a type of more true polyphony that works in the same way as old organs used to work - one oscillator per note.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: