Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

display screen blank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathanmakesmusic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: display screen blank Reply with quote

today i opened my korg m50 as i had a loose screen which i caused from open it before as not known use calibration set the precise touch screen.
anyway when i connected my keyboard the screen is blanc not showing i checked the wires and things it all look like is connected so what has caused the screen not work is just on light no graphics showing yet i can play sound on keyboard have i broken something how do i fix this myself.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much information to go on.

Does the screen contrast control have any effect? You say the keyboard still plays. Do the controls do what they should i.e. program up/down buttons, Combi / Program change the sound accordingly, and does the button lighting change as it should?

nathanmakesmusic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the contrast knob has no effect as the screen remain same brightness.
the controls seem working as i press the up down button and listen different sounds play in prog combi and arp drum track etc flashes red.
all the buttons flash red for what i press on.
i seen the button lights change as normal on red.
program changes sound as i scrolled it heard it when pressed keys.
i look at the screen showing no virtual images at all i am certain when i fiddled with it is caused this.
make me think need send it korg uk repair it or order a part fit it myself if known what is caused problem from expert advice certain.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the basic functionality of the keyboard is still there, and the problem is most likely to be with the screen, the display controller, or the wiring to the screen. It might be worth checking these items for any obvious signs before sending it to Korg for repair.

nathanmakesmusic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i looked at it am certain all is connected corrected inserted it look like nothing is missing or not connected if i was to open my korg m50 i be doing same thing i did twice see it all connected not able find anything correct the issue unless i serious am not seeing something that can fix it from sort it myself unlikely.
if there is something i sure do it instead send it korg uk maybe they can tell me when i ring them on monday about what i do instead send it them but it strange how it all connected the screen not showing anything no contrast change must be a wire faulty or screen is lost some function is damaged need new something of these.
the blue and green wire are both connected at the screen areas.
the power cables are connected there is nothing i see not connected.
nathanmakesmusic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: pictures of korg m50 inside circuit screen Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.190308281375978.1073741833.100011904228970&type=1&l=a6d19c8071
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: