Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change a parameter's MIDI STATUS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeOt777

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: How to change a parameter's MIDI STATUS Reply with quote

Good morning everyone, I hope you can help me out with this.

I have a Korg Triton LE 76 keys and I need to create a COMBI with 8 programs in it, however I am having trouble with this. This Korg is not originally mine, so I don't have the manual and I haven't found out how to do what I need to do even after a few hours of googling I couldn't find what I needed.

Basically, what I've done before, was take an already created COMBI and just change the Programs to the ones I needed and then save it to the User Category, however, when I was trying to do so last night, I noticed that half of my Programs were displaying the MIDI Status "OFF" when I need it to be "INT", I tried changeing it by going to the menu and then to the PRM1 option, but I don't seem to be able to change the status.

So, basically, my question is, how can I change the MIDI status from "Off" to "INT" or, if possible, how can I create a COMBI from scratch, setting all parametes to "INT" so it's easier for me to create this Combis?

Thank you all for your help!
wpostma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess 2 years later it's safe to say this forum is pretty dead.

I have similar questions, like how to set up a program or a combi, so that SW1 does something useful to me like switching in and out a distortion or reverb effect. You can't, actually.

The Korg TR and Triton LE are very limited in what you can do from the program editor, in terms of Midi configuration, routing, controller operation, and realtime expression via Midi.

My feeling? You want to do something complex in 2018? Plug your Korg TR or Triton LE into your PC and do it in Ableton Live. This is a great keyboard for live playing, but its combi and program edit, and midi control features are Weak Sauce in 2018.

Warren
Korg TR 88 Noob (Take everything I say with a pound of salt, I don't know anything about what i'm talking about!)

Warren Canada
saig0n

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Warren. Deadish - I guess no-one spotted your questions. I still come in here once in a while if I'm stuck. I'm sure you've discovered by now that the manuals for all these instruments are on-line. I have both for my TR.

Cheers,
Simon
wpostma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, dead-ish.

Leaving these facts here:

1. the midi channel setup is glitchy in Korg TR 88 and Triton LE.

2.changing anything on the combi midi page pages including combi 6.1 ARP settings, any tab, or anything on to PRM1 page (Combi 3.1 Ed-Param) makes one or all of the following BUGS happen...

Bugs:

A. Arp won't fire anymore. It's live but nothing routes to any midi channels.

B. Midi channels can not be fully enabled again (put to Status=INT mode, it's not fully enabled or fully INTernally routed). They can only be fully disabled.

C. Some triggering that should have been routing to midi channel 2 and 3 (arp) or 1, won't trigger/route.

Once you have a bad combi mark it as such in a notebook and next time you need a slot to save a non broken combi, overwrite the bad combi.

Any good combi will keep working. Once the combis are broken, you just delete them.

There is no way back as the patch editor process is broken.

Warren Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: