Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi channels and keyboard split on Korg-X50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveDiamond

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Midi channels and keyboard split on Korg-X50 Reply with quote

Hi, I have a question about the Korg X50 and midi splitting. The following is the current situation: in Cubase SX3 I have 4 midi tracks: each track is assigned to a specific Midi channel - 1, 2, 3, 4 - (the corresponding Midi channel is filtered thanks to the function "Input Transformer" of Cubase) and then points to four different VSTi.

When I attempt to individually drive a Midi track using my Korg X-50, all four Midi channels will play at the same time. I am able to reserve a "muted" portion of the keyboard, and in this splitted /muted part I wish to drive the VSTi using Midi output. Using the LPK25 Midi controller from Akai, no problem: I have 4 preset on this tiny keyboard and I can assign a specific Midi channel for each preset, but no luck with the Korg X50.
I have figured out that the global midi channel of X50 it's set to channel 1, but despite that, my Korg send signals on every channels. Obviously I have to set something of different on the X50: can someone give me some hints?

Many thanks.
asleg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I am kind of struggling with the same. However I have found that in GLOBAL mode you can select the Midi-channel you want to send on.
To ignore the X-50 internal tones you should also un-toggle "Local Control On".

My wish is if I actually could assign this to some button or controller, for instant the CONTROL B - assignable, so that I could easily switch between the different midi channels for the VST/HW/whatever I want to control.

Any tips and hints highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Asle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: