Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

14 stereo notes polyphony or not?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorgorsan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: 14 stereo notes polyphony or not? Reply with quote

Please someone confirm if 14 notes poly stands for stereo samples as well because this is essential for me to know before I get one for myself. Thanks!
Telengard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 14 stereo notes polyphony or not? Reply with quote

gorgorsan wrote:
Please someone confirm if 14 notes poly stands for stereo samples as well because this is essential for me to know before I get one for myself. Thanks!

I can check it out, but I will not be back near my microSAMPLER until next week sometime. Does the manual give you any indication? I don't think I have tried that many samples playing at once (mono or stereo).
robotunes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: 14 stereo notes polyphony or not? Reply with quote

gorgorsan wrote:

Yes the microSampler plays 14 notes of stereo polyphony BUT you start losing polyphony if any of those samples is time-stretched. For each time-stretched sample, subtract 2 notes of polyphony (mono sample or stereo doesn't make a difference).

Two ways to beat this:
    (1) Use pitch stretching instead of time stretching. You'll have all 14 notes of polyphony, but the sample will play back with that chipmunk pitch-shifted sound. That might work great for some loops but not for others.

(2) The best way is to time-stretch the loop then resample it. Now you have new sample that plays back at the project tempo without time-stretching, so you have your 14 notes of polyphony again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: