Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug in Media > SD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

About SD cards, i use a 32gb on my PA4x, formated FAT32, and no issues since las 6 month y bought the keyboard. I've never remove it, because it's destinated to storage only; removing frequently may be an unnecessary risk.- I've test a 64 gb, but 32gb seems to have a better speed, specially on editing large size midi files.-
Brands are secondary (i use Kingston), the most important it SD must be Class 10.-
Just a suggestion.-
With regards, and whishing all of you a Happy New Year.-
Eduardo
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestions.

Format SD cards in the keyboard.

Do not remove whilst keyboard is powered On, only remove when powered Off.
mstodola

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction!!!!!
The unit is in Standby mode when plugged in. There is still power to the unit if plugged in. You must unplug the unit before messing around with the SD chip.
oldguy29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, totally unplug Pa4x from power. I also used a wrist strap to ground myself to the ground on the Pa4x power input. I used a Samsung 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD PRO Select Memory Card with Adapter 32 GB (MB-MF32GA/AM) and so far it works fine. I kept to the 32gb limit that has been discussed. also this microSD states read speed to 100 mb/sec and write speed 90 mb/sec. faster than other microsd. do not know if these speed ratings make any difference in the Pa4x. after installing I let the Pa4x format the sd card.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldguy29 wrote:
Yes, totally unplug Pa4x from power. I also used a wrist strap to ground myself to the ground on the Pa4x power input. I used a Samsung 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD PRO Select Memory Card with Adapter 32 GB (MB-MF32GA/AM) and so far it works fine. I kept to the 32gb limit that has been discussed. also this microSD states read speed to 100 mb/sec and write speed 90 mb/sec. faster than other microsd. do not know if these speed ratings make any difference in the Pa4x. after installing I let the Pa4x format the sd card.

I have this one installed in my Pa4X from the first day:
commercial photography locations
mstodola

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same sort of problem until I actually looked at the partitions on the microSD (which was suggested by somebody on this blog). I used a 3rd party software to do this because windows doesn't do a good job of this. What I discovered is that on some chips they use 2 partitions. Just reformating will not get rid of the second partition. It ended up I had to remove both partitions and then created just one making it the full size of the chip and then formatted it using FAT32. Then all the problems went away. I haven't had a problem with this since.

This was my experience. Smile
mstodola

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I tried this with a 64Gb chip and it worked just as good.
oldguy29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what software on what type of computer did you use to re-partition the micro SD ? Also I wonder if the max speed of the SD makes any difference in performance on the pa4x ?
mstodola

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used a PC. I use Acronis and Easeus as partition managers. I like Acronis because it is linux based. I think Easeus is free and very good. I also use Linux which has good (free) partition managers. I've also used Norton's partition manager. There are lot of third party managers that can delete/create partitions. The new ones handle SD chips.

As an aside, I had to use it with my Pigtronix Infinity Looper which demanded two partitions to increase it from 8 Gb to 32 Gb.

I use SanDisk chips. I don't know about others. I can't see that speed should matter for storage operations. I think quality of manufacturing would be more important. Unknown names are probably risky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: