Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Process for setting presets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laquer09

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Process for setting presets Reply with quote

Hi there, MK gnoob here. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and now I'm delving into programming. Before I get there though, I just want to load up my mk with my favorite patches between all the banks I've acquired. I'm planning to do the following process, but I'm curious if any of you have a more efficient approach, as I think mine is going to take forever.

1. Get all the things connected via midi, back up current config (complete)
2. Upload to MK and test patch by patch, noting the ones I want to keep
3. Divide these into logical groups (rather than the factory ones like "Trance" and "Hip Hop"). I'm loosely planning on the following paradigm...curious to see if you guys have a better one:
Leads, Bass, ARPs, Old Polys, New Polys, Synth Inst, Perc, Pads
4. Go through and assign the patches accordingly (up to 14 patches for each group if I leave the vocoder stuff alone which I probably will)
5. Back up, relax...drink beer

Seems like this is going to be a really long and tedious process. Anyone have a better approach?

Thanks in advance, you guys all rule.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yep it is going to take long. Not sure how easy the editor for the original MK is... But on the MKXL(+) it is handy and speeds up the process. It gives this flow:

1. Open a new, personal favourites library (empty at start)
2. Open a library with patches (128)
3. You select one patch, it gets transferred to the board in working memory. So it is not written at all, it's like you"ve been tweaking all parameters on the board to end up with the resulting patch.
4. Play a bit with it
5. Do you like it? Copy it in the editor from the library to your personal library (see step 1). (Drag and drop imediately to your favourite location in the library)
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5, till you auditioned all patches, then restart with the next library.
7. Write your favourites library finally in the board.
8. Same as your step 5.

Bye
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have multiple files you want to combine, consider PCG Tools.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: