Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Realistic/rock drum sounds on EMX?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steveh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Realistic/rock drum sounds on EMX? Reply with quote

So I've had the EMX1 for a few years now, and love it. I especially like the fact that I can create a ton of different sounds and effects on it, and get as electronic/experimental as I want on it. However, I have some song ideas that require a real drum kit, as I want to lean towards a more rock sound.

Does anyone have any experience with creating realistic, convincing drum parts with the EMX? If so, which drum sounds did you use, and what settings (like pitch and eg time) did you use?

If there's no way of doing that with this machine, is there any way of hooking up a sampler to the EMX, recording the drums, then having the sampler be triggered when I press play on the EMX? I really don't wanna have to hire a drummer for live shows, but still want it to sound like there's one.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how useful this will be to you but I have a Boss DR-880 drum machine that is great for live acoustic-sounding drums, and it can be sequenced via an external MIDI device. You can add snare rolls and ghost notes etc to get that real live drummer sound.
Steveh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Steeplemouth. I just checked out the Boss DR-880, and it seems to have the right sounds on it. I'll do more research on it, and if there's a way for me to sync the drums parts with my EMX, I'll consider getting it.
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, it's a great piece of kit, I love mine. I don't have an EMX but I do have an E2S and I have synced it to the DR-880 in a couple of different ways. You can slave it via midi so it starts playing when you hit play on the electribe, or you can assign the DR-880 to a channel on the electribe and use the pads to activate the drum sounds on it.

It also has a bass synth built in on midi channel 2 with quite a few different bass sounds which are pretty good, and you can plug a guitar/bass into it too if you play, and it has amp modelling/fx etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: