Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Electribe ES-1 sample start on fly?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pitchfork

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Korg Electribe ES-1 sample start on fly? Reply with quote

I'm after an original Korg ES-1 or ES-1mk2 (dont think there is a difference apart from casing) for its grungey sound 32Khz sound

I had one years ago and realise now how quick and intuitive it was.

I just wanted to know if there was a simple way to edit the START points of samples live that were playing in a bank to find a sweet spot?

On my Akai Sampler, you have to edit samples OUT of Programs so you can't audition the new start points on the fly while its running a MIDI sequence.

Can this be done on the original ES-1?

I have had an ESX-1 that had a start point pot, but i didn't really like the overall machine, prefering the ES-1 as it was quite easy to use.

I'd like to throw in a load of samples and sequence them on the ES-1 then change the START points while its running to come up with random patterns without stopping?

If not, does anyone know of a drum sampler/sequencer that allows this live on the fly? I know Ableton does this with Simpler and Sampler but a nice hardware sampler/sequencer like the Electribe would be good.

I've also seen the Volca Sample has a start point pot, but again it looks too small for me, and an odd way of loading samples in..

Thanks for any help
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it isn't. You have to dig around in the base sample and save it to change the bloody start point. This is one of the crapfactors keeping the ES-1 from being a proper ESX, which is pretty much better in every way except sounding "fuzzy" next to the ES-1 which sounds more "boxey" with a nice lo-fi-ness.
sl23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an ES-1 for sale if interested.
Send me a PM.
Pitchfork

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies!

I am after a Korg Es-1 but the mk2 metal case version - which one do you have?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: