Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

akai are back to standalone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the quick overlook from Sonic State (MPC Live):
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2017/01/14/sonic-lab-akai-mpc-live-first-look/
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
At no stage did i make a claim you *didn't* have an E2.

No idea where you got that from - maybe it's the voices...?

I suggest you consider your/their advice before replying.

Yeah there's supposed to be 16 but they keep cancelling each other out! Damn paraphony!

Again you reply incorrectly. Please state where I said you mentioned me not having an e2? Muppet!

Have a nice day! Wink
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Monster 65 wrote:
Here's the quick overlook from Sonic State (MPC Live):
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2017/01/14/sonic-lab-akai-mpc-live-first-look/

Seen all the vids, looks good, definitely an electribe killer, even just for sequencing! The rest is a bonus! Maybe korg will grow up and stop making toys now, crap ones at that! Wink
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:
Seen all the vids, looks good, definitely an electribe killer, even just for sequencing! The rest is a bonus! Maybe korg will grow up and stop making toys now, crap ones at that! Wink

Dude you're the #1 Korg Fanboy.

Why?

Instead of throwing out the trash (which in your opinion is the E2 series) and moving on with your „music career”, you are devoting your precious time to bathe in the trash, on this forum. For months. That's a very powerfull love/hate relationship you have! Good luck man, good luck with your music and your life.
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
sl23 wrote:

Dude you're the #1 Korg Fanboy.

Why?

Instead of throwing out the trash (which in your opinion is the E2 series) and moving on with your „music career”, you are devoting your precious time to bathe in the trash, on this forum. For months. That's a very powerfull love/hate relationship you have! Good luck man, good luck with your music and your life.

The big man speaks! Why throw it out? It's useful as a MIDI controller! s**t sequencer, ok sounds, c**p paraphony, buggy as hell as a workstation!

Moving on with my music career? Sorry, but my 'career' has nothing to do with music. I enjoy making music in my spare time, which has little to do with the pathetic attempt of Korg to make a Music Production Station, other than use it with my PC.

As for 'devoting precious time' well, take a look at the s**t f*** hole of a world we live in, no I'm not demented and no I'm not sad, bitter or twisted, or any other of those stupid labels people will often prefer to label others with. It's simply a statement of fact. Now, take a look at it, what do you see? I'm sure someone will interject some funny little anecdote here, feel free... But the point I'm trying to get across, that few are able and willing to see, is that these c***s are screwing us all over. Not just Korg, but pretty much every company in existence.

And what do you do? You sit back say oh dear and let them get on with it. Isn't it about time we stood up for ourselves, started telling these a**wipes to go f*** themselves and start listening to what people want? Stop taking the p***, releasing stuff that doesn't work properly, then once it's been out for a while stop fixing it. You think that's ok do you?

Well I for one am sick of these d***faced money-grabbing c***s ripping me off. But, and here's where I'm going to lose you, if I haven't already, it's not about the money, it's the principal of it all.

How many times in history has there been an uprising due to someone taking the p***? Remember why unions were formed? Or maybe apartheid? Or Malcolm X? Perhaps Women's rights? What do they all have in common? Some p***k thought he/they were better than others and abused their power to take the p*** out of those 'beneath' them.

Do you see any difference between them and the way korg is treating it's customers? Ultimately they are doing the same thing, but due to the slyness of it all it gets forgotten and put down to business! As if that's ok because it's about making money. Why is that ok? Because no one stands up to them, that's why. This isn't just about Korg. You, yes YOU, need to stand up for your own personal rights, because, sooner than you think, you'll have none.

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
forsh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need to fight ladies! kiss and make up
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:
Do you see any difference between them and the way korg is treating it's customers? Ultimately they are doing the same thing, but due to the slyness of it all it gets forgotten and put down to business! As if that's ok because it's about making money. Why is that ok? Because no one stands up to them, that's why. This isn't just about Korg. You, yes YOU, need to stand up for your own personal rights, because, sooner than you think, you'll have none.

Oh boy...

1# Korg is a company that makes tools for musicians, and hobbyists too. Sometimes they drop the ball, like any other company. Its not a tragedy worth vomiting with negativity on every freakin’ post on this board. Plus, they don’t have a monopoly, other companies have their own offerings with a different design philosophy, other workflow ideas, etc. You are FREE to choose and vote with your wallet.

One thing those companies have in common: their number one goal is profit, not responding to every rant on a message board.

So Korg, Roland, AKAI – you seriously think they are violating your civil rights??? You seriously are putting them in the same box as corrupt governments, pharmaceutical corporations, oil companies, weapon dealers etc?
For your own good, step off yothe soapbox and take off that tin foil hat before its too late…

2# OK, music is your hobby then, not your profession. So please explain to me where all your demands come from? All that trash talk, about the E2's being toys, garbage, etc.? Who are you to judge and make demands, seriously??? Do you fall into the „millennial” category by chance? That would explain a lot – all that entitlement and listening to only one voice - your own.

3# Boards like the used to be places for sharing useful information, helping each other out, tips etc. Posts like yours are unproductive trash. Period.

One more thing: eveyrone on this board could contribute to the Korg petition on change.org. People posted bug fixes, workflow enhancements, feature requests. I can't rememeber any meaningfull contribution of yours in the drafting process. The petition was send to Korg, many synth sites and blogs reported this story. So yes, users took initiative and voiced their concerns the best way possible. You DID NOT. Instead we have to tolerate the sound of your broken record. Way to go dude, way to go...
DR.DR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above argument aside, what was incredibly frustrating for me was that the E2 was so damn close to being the solution I wanted for beats. It gets attention about once a week, the rest of my practice goes to piano and synth bass. Simplicity is part of my equation. What has hindered E2 for me has been the clunky step sequencer and the need to turn loops on and off manually to compose a song. This works for certain people - and more power to you - I am trying to play a developed piano part along with the E2 and that is fairly difficult. The LFO programming, also important for me, is just weird IMO.

The money grab tradition in the industry really sucks and I suspect Akai isn't particularly better. A quick forum sleuthing suggests the MPC touch folks have been waiting for an update for more than a year. We vote with our dollars; they're businesses and need to keep money flowing. I'll probably buy the MPC Live for use on Caltrain. I guess that makes me a sucker or naively optimistic.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.DR wrote:
The money grab tradition in the industry really sucks and I suspect Akai isn't particularly better. A quick forum sleuthing suggests the MPC touch folks have been waiting for an update for more than a year. We vote with our dollars; they're businesses and need to keep money flowing. I'll probably buy the MPC Live for use on Caltrain. I guess that makes me a sucker or naively optimistic.

You should check out Novation Circuit too More options are coming, the current trend is shifting from computers and DAWS to hardware. How many affordable analog polysynths below 1K$ could you buy 5 years ago?
What crazy person would ever dream about a pocketsized full analog monophonic 3OSC bass synthesizer for freakin 150$ 10 years ago???

We are spoiled with gear, there's plenty of choices and the entry price into this game continously going down, of course with some corner cutting here and there, but with serious chunks cut off the price tag too.

Thats why I really don't get that whining and bitching about gear, when it so easy to get rid of when you don't need anymore, just ebay it FFS, buy a used MPC, Elektron, vintage Electribe – whatever you think you need to proplerly „express yourself musically”. So really, where's the tragedy? You're way off and so childish with all those accusations.

What Sl23 is basically saying is this: „Oi! This japanese boy attacked me and nicked me 400£!!!”

Back in the 90's this was your gear selling scenario: you had to post in classifieds in a monthly magazine, or post a piece of paper on a clipboard in your local music store and wait as someone calls on your landline...

All conspiracy theorists start accusing me of being a Sweetwater salesman in 1... 2... 3... Go!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23, enough with the foul language please. Really, cut it out now.

I suggest you read the forum rules too and make note of rule 2 and 3.
http://www.korgforums.com/faq.htm

1: No Religion.
2: No Politics.
3: No adult content. We have a large number of children on our forums.

Sharp.
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh a mod! Now I'm scared! But yeah admittedly I'm wrong will delete language when get chance to get on PC. My phones not too great.

In response to big boy, I have no less right than you my friend, do you know why? Because I bought the unit, which is faulty, it doesn't work as it should do, but these faults, because they are software are called bugs. But these bugs, because there's no law stating they must be fixed, are left never to be sorted. And you think that's OK? Please explain how ANY company should be allowed to get away with supplying faulty equipment. Ultimately, there's a matter of the user trusting that they will be fixed in updates, where's the fix?

You are clearly missing the point. You think I'm some crazed conspiracy theorist? Haha, I've gone way past theorising about all that bullpoop! (kid friendly swearing Wink ) seriously though, most of it is rubbish, I know that, but doesn't make me wrong does it!

Also, korg do indeed make tools for musicians, but many are well overpriced and under-featured, compared to rivals.

Oh and BTW, I did bring a few helpful tips to the forum but then gave up and deleted all previous posts, but that was few months ago.

Trouble is like most, you can't see the wood for the trees!

Have a nice day... Wink
mr canister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like my E2. genuinely do. got to say i don't like korg one bit tho. my model number 10095. it's got sunken pads. seriously, can you believe that! if you've got a grey or black electribe then yr trigger pads are completely crap too. try your electribe next to a £39 akai pad controller and have a play. i got in contact with korg after noticing that their "new" resprayed electribe doesn't have crappy pads any more. they said "sure, we'll sort it. send it in." month later it returned with new trigger pads-some sunken, some hard etc. imagine yamaha releasing a keyboard where all the keys are a different height and the travel action is different on each key. a joke, right. model number 10095 and still selling them.
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I really just read someone comparing electribe product support to civil rights issues?
sl23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr canister wrote:
i like my E2. genuinely do. got to say i don't like korg one bit tho. my model number 10095. it's got sunken pads. seriously, can you believe that! if you've got a grey or black electribe then yr trigger pads are completely crap too. try your electribe next to a £39 akai pad controller and have a play. i got in contact with korg after noticing that their "new" resprayed electribe doesn't have crappy pads any more. they said "sure, we'll sort it. send it in." month later it returned with new trigger pads-some sunken, some hard etc. imagine yamaha releasing a keyboard where all the keys are a different height and the travel action is different on each key. a joke, right. model number 10095 and still selling them.

Exactly my point! Still selling them because people still buy them! Wake up and boycott them, that's the only way to get them to sort there s**t out, and stop ripping people off! That goes for ALL not just Korgy!
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmoismogwai wrote:
Did I really just read someone comparing electribe product support to civil rights issues?

We must both be dreaming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: