Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setlists disappeared!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Setlists disappeared! Reply with quote

I just spent a couple hours preparing setlists for next weekend's gigs.
Then... Since I hadn't done so before, I decided to check out the demo songs.
I saved both of the setlists using the Write Set List menu command before following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide to load the demo songs.
After listening to the demo songs I tried to reload the PRELOAD.PCG file... assuming that's what always gets loaded on power-up. I selected all the options, Load PRELOAD.SNG too, Load PRELOAD.KSC too, and Load PRELOAD.KGE too.
After loading, I only got the 000 Preload Set List, and none of the lists I had painstakingly prepared for gigs.
OK. I suppose I just need to power cycle, and I thought I would get back the set lists that I created, which have always appeared when I power on.
But they didn't come back. I still only got 000 Preload Set List.
Where did the set lists that I saved over the last few weeks go???
I went to a full backup that I created about a month ago, and was able to recover my older set lists, so all is not lost... But it seems that all the changes I have made since the last full backup are gone.
Where do setlists get saved when you use the Write Set List menu option, but don't do a full backup?
Confused
ng_friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you probably overwrote your setlists when you loaded PRELOAD.PCG. That file contains all the factory patches and settings, and loading this full file is essentially like doing a factory reset. PRELOAD.KSC is the file that gets loaded during boot up, and is what loads the factory samples into RAM.

Sorry to say, but unless you had a backup PCG file that included your new setlists, they are probably gone for good. If you want to load the demo songs, you would probably just need to load PRELOAD.SNG.

Last edited by ng_friend on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live and learn. <sigh>
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a true save is a PCG save. “Write” into running memory survives mode changes and even power-down, but only a PCG “Save” to disk can suvive a PCG load from disk.
And no you cannot skip the write process within the given mode to then jump to disk mode to do a full save to disk. You have to write it to running memory while in the mode and then you can safely leave the mode to enter disk mode for a storage file backup.

Easy mistake to make even when you already know how it goes. Made similar mistake in Combi mode last month with new combi’s i made and had to make them all over again. Luckily only two combis made before loading iitialized slots over them.
Val

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had set lists spontaneously disappear on me a couple times now. I learned to always save as I go (hit the rec/write button for a quick update.. Write set list for a better save, but always go to Disk and save PCG when you finish up. And I even save to a USB as well to make sure I don't lose my hard work! Best of luck to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: