Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroKorg Mod wheel pitch up and down when I edit new sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeusM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: MicroKorg Mod wheel pitch up and down when I edit new sounds Reply with quote

Hi. I just bought an MK1 and I'm learning how to use it.
I have read the manual wich helped me a lot but when I'm editing a new sound and I go to to edit select 2 to edit the patches sometimes the pitch starst going up and down when I use the mod wheel.

I tried seting the mod intensity to 0 to all pachtches, re routing LFO 1 and 2 to diferent destinations and also the wheel mod but nothing.

When i sed the vibrato intensity to 0 it stops but then I have no vibrato Crying or Very sad
It all goes well until I got to that part. Can anyone please help me???

Thanks!

Update: I looked to the manual and I could figure out how to solve it. So mod wheel controls LF02 witch controls pitch modulation. So the best way to achieve a nice vibrato is with low values in the intensity settings. I'm still trying to know how to get it righ. Although I'm not able to get a nice soud with the LF01 since it doesnt have sine wave.
Also can anone tell me how to get a tremolo instead of a vibrato with the Mod wheel?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Basically, you figured it out.

There is a hardwired patch from LFO2 to the pitch of the oscillators. The vibrato intensity parameter sets the maximum depth of the modulation of the pitch by LFO2. That maximum modulation is applied at the moment the modwheel is moved all the way away from your self. Remark that the Mod wheel does not change LFO2 at all (at least if there is no other virtual patch doing that). It only controls the amount that LFO2 is applied to the pitch.

Of course if you use the modwheel as a source for another virtual patch, both the virtual patch and vibrato will be applied. This can be annoying. For that purpose you can turn down the vibrato intensity parameter to 0, so that the hardwired patch is inactive when moving the mod wheel and only the virtual patch becomes active, when moving the wheel.

I don't exactly understand what you want to achieve exactly by the LFO1 for the vibrato you are referring to. The hardwired patch always uses LFO2. LFO2 does have a sine wave as waveform.

Controlling tremolo using the mod wheel is unfortunately not possible on the original mK. An alternative is that, while you play your program that is set up for tremolo, you go in edit mode and more in particular the one of your virtual patch for tremolo. While playing, you turn the 3rd knob to control the intensity of the tremolo.

In the mKXL this is solved by extending the destinations of virtual patches. It goes then like this:
patch 1: LFO controls AMP (Tremolo effect)
patch 2: Mod wheel controls the modulation intensity of patch 1. So the mod wheel controls whether tremolo is applied or not.

Bye.
DeusM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer. Everything is more clear now. I'm spending time trying to understand this sinth and

I'm always discovering new things. Now I come across some new problems like high frequencies that come out and click noises that appear when I press a key. I'm sure I'll figure it out once I understand more how everything work in a sintetizer since it's my first real sinth.

I learned some things by myself before but I'ts different when you applied it in real life.

It's also very rewarding once you discover how it works and also experimet Very Happy

Thanks again and I'll keep reading and experiment more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: