Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos LS will not create control data

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigfootjim159

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Kronos LS will not create control data Reply with quote

I have had a Triton Studio for many years and am very familiar with how to create control data in a song. I am programming my new Kronos LS88 to replace my worn out Triton. I am trying to get the Volume to decrease slightly after the song starts. I have selected CC 007, the start and end measures and values and the track. Done everything as I do on my Triton but nothing changes when I play the song. Anyone have any suggestions? Is this a known issue? Thanks!
Jim
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control data is simple and straight forward as you imply and is shown in the drop down menu "create control data" in midi track.
Enter CC# and the start & end values.

Parameter guide page 650 says that executing "create control data" uses a lot of sequencer memory and for this reason it may not be possible to execute the command if limited memory remains. It suggests using the "Quantize" menu command to remove uneeded control data.
Page 651 parameter guide, covers Quantize and the type of data that can be specified. Quantize tends to crunch data into smaller or lesser size by removing duplicates or repetitions over too small a span to be noticed per resolution setting. So control data can be thinned out by the same means.

I hope this is the issue because I see no more clues about what the issue could be.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is master volume and track volume. Selecting master track for control data like tempo and master volume. Is CC#007 James Bond, I mean main volume or track volume?
Try CC#007 in master track menu command for create control data.
If It works there, then you need to find an option for track volume control data. Normally you can just overdub record and make the track volume changes then. They will record in and stay like control data.

" Midi event edit " is another option where you get to change volume per each note.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing to look at.
Midi implementation section of parameter guide. Page 1135.
Control changes can be turned off as a whole in global settings but also per individual tracks or timbre via midi filter page.
Control data is basically the implemetation of the same midi messages that the controls would send during real time operation. So maybe it applies to menu command "control data" insertions as well? Just a guess and worth a try -if the above suggestions got no results.
bigfootjim159

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Kronos LS will not create control data Reply with quote

Thanks for the help!!! The problem was in Midi Filters. I had the pedal (which I have controlling Volume ) disabled. Also I didn't know that I could change the track volume manually in real time. Way cool!!! Thanks again!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: