Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

electribe sampler filter problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phreako1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: electribe sampler filter problem Reply with quote

Hi. Having a serious issue with my electribe sampler. In any given pattern, if I use the filter knob on any of the sounds, the filter starts to move to value=0, even if i turn to open it. This then renders the pad for that patch/sample useless. When i switch to another pattern and then go back, or after reboot, the original settings come back. But as soon as i touch the filter knob same sht happens. I have done all firmware updates, gone back to factory settings, but to no use. Has anyone else come accross this? Couldn't find any similar experiences so far. Makes the whole machine pretty much useless. Mad
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: electribe sampler filter problem Reply with quote

phreako1 wrote:
.......... if I use the filter knob on any of the sounds, the filter starts to move to value=0, even if i turn to open it. ........ Mad

What are your settings for [GLOBAL] [knob mode] ?
The knob settings are Jump, Catch, and Value Scale.
phreako1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the reply. Unfortunately, the problem occurs with all 3 knob value settings...
phreako1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opened up the machine to check whether there was some damage or dirt on the board, everything looked clean. Did another factory reset, to no avail.

So if nobody else has ever experienced a suddenly disfunctional filter knob that was working perfectly fine for 18 months, I guess i'm having bad luck with this unit...bummer, really enjoyed tweaking those samples.
Eferre

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this issue this year and a "contact cleaner" bomb help me to save the machine.

I had to open the electribe and remove the 3 circuit boards & 2 cable nappes inside to be able to vaporize correctly inside the potentiometer's tiny hole near its base.

Several vaporization and many turns are advised - because it's more than one hour long to do that so just do it Smile

I've bought a deck saver, but of course I was disappointed because it's the first time I have this kind of problem.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cleaning solution is a solution but before you do it, I know it's stupid but did you try to clear the sequencer motion record? And make sure you have mod depth to 0 and EG int to 0
Pepper Astro

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first 'tribe, grey version, developed this problem. Useless. Frustrating. Disappointing.
So it can happen. Pots, encoders, something or other...I don't know much...just go bad?
I've tried everything mentioned here to no avail...but...
perhaps I'll really give it another go, following what board member Eferre has done.

I figured it comes with use...so i'm incredibly nervous to even use the knob on my blue version. lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: