Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos SE considerations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike-pol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Kronos SE considerations Reply with quote

Hello
I have recently watched a few videos from NAMM SHOW 2019
Kronos SE does really look great, and colour seems to look different depending on angle you view it Kronos SE Smile
Regarding the expansion installed on board of SE – do you think they will be available for other Kronos users as expansion libraries similar to other EXs ones offered? I was looking in Korg library shop and was not able find that particular orchestral library by Kapro, I believe its expansion number is EXs 272 – anyone knows anything about that?
I was just puzzled by one sound I heard on video demonstrating Kronos SE. It is like the Gregorian Chant monk voice singing the longer phrase – I was kind of surprised, as I know this voice well having Roland VSynth. It is one of the most prominent patch on VSynth, demonstrating synth technology used on that amazing instrument.
So I am just curious – was it sampled from VSynth, which would be rather odd, or taken from any other source – maybe some of you know?
Regards
Mike
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos SE considerations Reply with quote

Mike-pol wrote:
Hello
I have recently watched a few videos from NAMM SHOW 2019
Kronos SE does really look great, and colour seems to look different depending on angle you view it Kronos SE Smile

Regarding the expansion installed on board of SE – do you think they will be available for other Kronos users as expansion libraries similar to other EXs ones offered? I was looking in Korg library shop and was not able find that particular orchestral library by Kapro, I believe its expansion number is EXs 272 – anyone knows anything about that?

I was just puzzled by one sound I heard on video demonstrating Kronos SE. It is like the Gregorian Chant monk voice singing the longer phrase – I was kind of surprised, as I know this voice well having Roland VSynth. It is one of the most prominent patch on VSynth, demonstrating synth technology used on that amazing instrument.
So I am just curious – was it sampled from VSynth, which would be rather odd, or taken from any other source – maybe some of you know?
Regards
Mike

Most of your questions were addressed in the forum's SE SE topic- 8 topics down from here.

for myself, I can't decide on this color approach. Maybe I need to see it in real life.

You can find the EXS272 demo on SoundCloud

It would be nice if Korg offered the Italian separately- no idea if they will come thru.

I hope Korg finally does something for long time Kronos owners in February. Deafening silence for some time by Korg.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos SE considerations Reply with quote

Mike-pol wrote:

I was just puzzled by one sound I heard on video demonstrating Kronos SE. It is like the Gregorian Chant monk voice singing the longer phrase – I was kind of surprised, as I know this voice well having Roland VSynth.

Was it the phrase heard at the 6:12 mark, here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cti_57UGNrA

That one is from EXs133.

I can't speak for the Vsynth sound you are referring to, but Kurt Ader (KApro) has done sounds for a lot of synth companies. His Wiki lists
Moog
Oberheim
Waldorf
Schmidt
John Bowen
Axel Hartman
Korg
Yamaha
Steinberg
Casio
Sequential Circuits
E-MU
Behringer
Oxford Synthesizer Company
Wersi
Syntec
Apple
and Roland

I know that I run across some of his E-MU sounds, in the KApro libraries.

I remember playing some KARO samples in a movie trailer that I did. Someone pointed out a sound used by SAGA. Sure enough, Kurt did some work for Jim Gilmour, of SAGA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: