Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something I would like

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boxxgrooved

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Something I would like Reply with quote

So I am in Part Mute mode muting and unmuting tracks. But I want to edit the bass sound, or lengthen the open hat while muting/unmuting tracks.

To do this I need to hold down Trigger and select the track I want to edit. Only thing now is I am in trigger mode and I just messed up the mix because I tried to mute the kick track and it triggered the kick instead....I forgot to switch back to Part Mute mode!

Its a pain having to switch between modes, and if you forget you risk making a mistake like above.

The following would be better:

While in Part Mute mode, hold down SHIFT + Part Mute and select the pad you want to edit. This way you don't have to leave the part mute mode.
Sulfur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Something I would like Reply with quote

boxxgrooved wrote:

While in Part Mute mode, hold down SHIFT + Part Mute and select the pad you want to edit. This way you don't have to leave the part mute mode.

Since PART MUTE button has no function assigned to it when kept pressed, there would be no need to press SHIFT as well. They could just enable it to act like Trigger, Sequence, Keyboard or Chord buttons: PART + PAD to change part, PART (if you're not in Part Mute mode) -> PAD to mute/unmute, PART (if you're not in Part Mute mode) -> PART -> PAD to solo/unsolo. Also SHIFT + PART is already assigned to unmuting all parts at once.

However, after complaining for the same reason and suggesting my solution some months ago, I decided to get myself used to think about the Trigger button as a SHIFT one.
I mean, when I need to change part on the fly in Part Mute mode, I immediately put a finger on each PART MUTE and TRIGGER button. So, instead of doing SHIFT + PART MUTE + PAD I do a rapid sequence of TRIGGER + PAD -> PART MUTE (you can even keep Trigger button pressed when you switch to Part Mute, like this TRIGGER + (PAD -> PART MUTE)).

Once you get used to this it becomes so rapid the it's almost the same thing that you want, it's just that you need to press Part Mute button a little later than the Pad instead of pressing them at the same time. You just need to focus yourself to the fact that your goal is to stay in Part Mute mode so you need to revert to this one after pressing the Trigger mode button. That's why this two fingers approach works well (at least to me). The second finger on MUTE PART sets you phisically and mentally ready to do it. After some practice you can't miss it anymore.
Jiggins

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be easier to hold shift and part mute then select the pad, this way you don't leave part mute mode and you can still see which tracks are active, but you are right ...getting used to pressing trigger then pad and then up to part mute again can be done.

It just feels a little awkward!
111213forlife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit late to the tread, but i'll just add that you can also stay in part mute mode and then manually use the Part+ or Part- nav buttons to select the part you want to be editing.
brisket

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you press AND hold the TRIGGER button and then press the relevant track button, you won't change the mute status of the track. It's a real lifesaver (and applies to all the other edit modes as well).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: