Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kaossikator, some questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Korg Kaossikator, some questions Reply with quote

Hi, thinking of buying a kaossilator and i have a few questions about it.

I see that you can set the key on it, can you also set it play a chord in that key rather than a single note when you press the screen

If for example i've got a tune playing in F major, and i have three chords i'm going to play with that tune, E flat, B flat and F. Acually chord or not, how do you know the right area to press on the screen for each note. I currently own a microkorg and i'm not sure whether to use that or buy a kaossilator. My skills on an acually keyboard aren't great, i certainly don't know every chord for every note in every key. I'm also finding that not many of the sounds on the microkorg seem to go well with house music, would the kasossilator be any better in this area as well? In general, which is do people think would work better with house?

thanks
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The Kaossilator can NOT play chords. It's always notes.

Setting the key and scales limits the number of notes that you can hit while touching the pad. Which brings us to your question how to hit the right area. Well exercising will help and the key/scale help as well in the sense that you can not hit notes out of the scale. Smile

Anyway I would not consider immediately the Kaossilator the way to go to really play accurutely musicscores...

About whether it fits you for house music, I can not judge. Note that the sounds in the Kaoss are fixed. So I would suggest to go to a shop and check it out before buying it.
The loop recording and some of the drum sounds though can be very nice.

The microKorg is a synth. So you are not limited to the sounds coming out of the box. So it can for sure fit for house music. It is a matter of downloading/buying the different libraries available on the net and trying them. After that you keep the sounds you like and throw others away to create your own library. Or you program them yourself or tweak an existing one to your taste. I agree though, learning to program will take you a while...

Have fun.
nez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I've bought a whole new set of sounds for the micro korg, they seem a bit more useful. Only being able to hit one note on the Kass is certainly a disadvantage. Think i'm going to stick with the synth for now.
woolei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't own a kaossilator yet, but did a lot of research recently.

the main function for kaossilator is to create stackable loop , dynamic drum pattern and programmed rymthm.

it could be a good match for your microkorg (can keep loop it up with different sound and play around with it).

but as i know the sound in kaossilator cannot be edit like microkorg, can only assign wav file to bank.

spend some time go to through the sound, you get what i mean.

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: