Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 replacement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fcoulter"]
laurance wrote:
fcoulter wrote:
GregC wrote:
laurance wrote:
The Kronos-2 61 price in Europe goes down from 3300€ to 2600€

Here in the US, $2999 at Sweetwater:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Kronos6

I can't speak for the European price, but the Sweetwater price is unchanged from six months ago.

What does it mean if Europe is dumping stock while the United States isn't?

its speculation about 'dumping stock ' in Europe. But we can speculate just for discussion sake.

Could be a result of lower sales/more inventory with European disti's and their dealers (?).

But in US, sales could be solid and there is no need to do anything dramatic.
I think we have a stronger economy, cheap interest rates for financing and possibly a stronger currency.

Each country distributor can deal with their inventory circumstances and local economic factors as they need to. Thats my understanding. Plus there is no way I would buy a K2 in France and have it shipped here in the US. ( I would have to pay for shipping).

Just to repeat, we don't have enough facts on the above. So its guessing, for fun.
fcoulter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
fcoulter wrote:

its speculation about 'dumping stock ' in Europe. But we can speculate just for discussion sake.

Could be a result of lower sales/more inventory with European disti's and their dealers (?).

But in US, sales could be solid and there is no need to do anything dramatic.
I think we have a stronger economy, cheap interest rates for financing and possibly a stronger currency.

Each country distributor can deal with their inventory circumstances and local economic factors as they need to. Thats my understanding. Plus there is no way I would buy a K2 in France and have it shipped here in the US. ( I would have to pay for shipping).

Just to repeat, we don't have enough facts on the above. So its guessing, for fun.

Great answer to a rhetorical question.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like something might be up but honestly, EU prices have been so much higher than US prices for so long that it only seems fair if they finally come down to something more even.
By the way even with the EU weaker than it has been, 2600e is about 2750USD so it's not a huge difference.
arne v

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... in norway an 88 k2 cost 4250 USD Rolling Eyes For a normal person its a 1,5 month of net salary. in comparison a Moog Model D costs the same. The price has stayed the same since it arrived in 2015... Sad
The K2 61 is at 3444 USD
laurance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
It does sound like something might be up but honestly, EU prices have been so much higher than US prices for so long that it only seems fair if they finally come down to something more even.
By the way even with the EU weaker than it has been, 2600e is about 2750USD so it's not a huge difference.

That's why I said above, that you have already a good price USA.
musicsound

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos Gold. ... what a revolution
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcoulter wrote:

That wasn't the price I paid. I got the 88 key which cost more. But since we were looking at drops in the price of the 61 key, I thought I'd look it up.

The 88 key hasn't dropped in six months, either.

Considering the state of the UK exchange rates at the moment, I was a bit shocked to see a general price drop of £700 on the K2-88 here in the UK - I only bought mine a while back for £3499. I wish I'd waited Rolling Eyes

As SanderXpander wrote - Maybe they're just equalizing US/Europe prices, and about time too (but why not the rest of Korg's range?)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should get a prize for our 'non prediction '
Wink
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 40 days ago I had both Musicians Friend and Guitar Center at $2150 on a sealed Kronos 2 61key. I pulled the trigger. I would say something new is coming at summer Namm.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos2ison wrote:
About 40 days ago I had both Musicians Friend and Guitar Center at $2150 on a sealed Kronos 2 61key. I pulled the trigger. I would say something new is coming at summer Namm.

I say no
NormC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos2ison wrote:
There are other reasons for this. Sounds like a great deal as they still list it for $2999 and open box units for $2639. Guitar Center and Musicians Friend are the same company and their relationship with Korg has been strained over the past few years. It would be nice to see the next generation but it is unlikely to be this year.
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I kinda didn't tell the full truth.. I did pay $2150 total but also with rewards program with the music store got $344 gift card to buy anything I want.. Smile I would say I got the best deal ever.. Wink

$2150
- $344
--------------
$1806
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be heresy but it wouldn't surprise me to see the next version of Kronos being, software hosted in you computer either within the DAW or standalone. I am not sure I like that. On one hand without the hardware it should be much more reasonably priced but then your stuck to an OS and once they stop supporting it its done unless you keep a legacy unit around. And then you need a quality controller. I know I could continue with the KX61 I have but what about new people to Kronos who don't have hardware. I don't know but this possibility is not that far fetched, I think.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
This may be heresy but it wouldn't surprise me to see the next version of Kronos being, software hosted in you computer either within the DAW or standalone. I am not sure I like that. On one hand without the hardware it should be much more reasonably priced but then your stuck to an OS and once they stop supporting it its done unless you keep a legacy unit around. And then you need a quality controller. I know I could continue with the KX61 I have but what about new people to Kronos who don't have hardware. I don't know but this possibility is not that far fetched, I think.

Actually not a half-bad idea... If they had a software version of the Kronos that could potentially add polyphony to your existing Kronos - use your existing Kronos as the controller and bam - more power. I could also see having a rackmount PC as your VST host and running the "Kronos" software in there too. *shrugs*

One can dream huh?
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:

That's really what AKAI has done with the new MPC.
It runs both in standalone mode and acts as a controller for the MPC software on a computer, the best of both worlds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: