Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pls help no way to edit styles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
legolas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Legolas Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I know for sure that we can save any style in factory positions , but I do not use either edit factory styles and I have never
exchanged tracks between them to be sure for that !

Therefore do the safe and working procedure :
- Unlock factory resources protection (styles/sounds)
- Copy the every style per time you want to edit in user position , copy tracks you need from other factory styles and save style.
- While on saved user style , go to Record/edit current style and from upper screen scroll down menu choose write style ,
browse for factory position and save it.
- After next restarting , edited factory style will be there , and if you want to save the whole Pa3X factory edited resources status
then create a full resources backup as I've already mentioned.
The same can be applied to any factory sound !

Also note that overwriting factory styles has a meaning only when you have filled all users positions otherwise it's a really silly
option to destroy Pa3X factory resources that you might need in the future and only a factory restore can recall them !

Hope this helps

But this is the main issue i always get the message"the current style is not editable"
No matter if i unlock i can not edit or copy from factory to my user style

If go to my my own styles which are under user1/record/menu/copy from style/select (one factory style for example/choose for example acc1/excute/"selected style can't be copied"

Now i copied the factory style under user and did the procedure above but still getting same error
legolas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Legolas Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I know for sure that we can save any style in factory positions , but I do not use either edit factory styles and I have never
exchanged tracks between them to be sure for that !

Therefore do the safe and working procedure :
- Unlock factory resources protection (styles/sounds)
- Copy the every style per time you want to edit in user position , copy tracks you need from other factory styles and save style.
- While on saved user style , go to Record/edit current style and from upper screen scroll down menu choose write style ,
browse for factory position and save it.
- After next restarting , edited factory style will be there , and if you want to save the whole Pa3X factory edited resources status
then create a full resources backup as I've already mentioned.
The same can be applied to any factory sound !

Also note that overwriting factory styles has a meaning only when you have filled all users positions otherwise it's a really silly
option to destroy Pa3X factory resources that you might need in the future and only a factory restore can recall them !

Hope this helps

But this is the main issue i always get the message"the current style is not editable"
No matter if i unlock i can not edit or copy from factory to my user style

If go to my my own styles which are under user1/record/menu/copy from style/select (one factory style for example/choose for example acc1/excute/"selected style can't be copied"

Now i copied the factory style to under user and did the procedure above but still getting same error
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This I've described works fine in all Pa3X , so something is wrong with yours !
Save your resources , make a factory restore and try the same again with unlocked factory resources.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
legolas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original styles are locked by korg dealer and can not edit copy or add to it
Thanks for all the info received.
Cheers
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legolas wrote:
The original styles are locked by korg dealer and can not edit copy or add to it
Cheers

Which keyboard is this?

Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legolas wrote:
Cheers
Its wrong mate you can copy, edit an add any Styles to Factory Styles! Here is the way MEDIA MODE - Factory Style and Pad Protect
When On, this parameter protects the Factory Styles and and Factory Pads! When Off, you can load or save User Styles or Pads even into the
Factory Style banks (from “POP” to “CONTEMP.”) and Factory
Pad banks! For editing Styles - While in the Style Play operating mode, press the RECORD button. Select Record/Edit Current Style to edit the current Style. So that is it! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: