Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x: Where is it made?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Pa4x: Where is it made? Reply with quote

I'm becoming increasingly resistive to items made in China; and I want a Pa4x. To those who have one, does it say "made in China" anywhere? Thanks. Question
seaside

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine says made in Italy
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made in Italy says,but power sign has Chinese on Smile

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x: Where is it made? Reply with quote

tkarlmann wrote:
I'm becoming increasingly resistive to items made in China...

I think it is senseless to ask if "Made in China" or assembled in China - seems to be better to check the quality of a product.

Factories that worked as contract manufacturers for western firms will try to turn out high quality product. But there are factories - even in the rest of the world - that will turn out everything you ask them to produce, defaulting to minimum cost and minimum quality unless otherwise specified.

Rather becoming increasingly resistive to items made of poor quality but selling price of better quality we had earlier.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x: Where is it made? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
tkarlmann wrote:

I think it is senseless to ask if "Made in China" or assembled in China - seems to be better to check the quality of a product.

It is decidedly NOT "senseless" to determine whether or not an item is made in China. There are global and political ramifications to this issue, IMO. The Chinese want to take over the US, but not everyone is informed enough to sense this, yet. The quality be darned! I don't want Chinese junk. Rant over.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x: Where is it made? Reply with quote

tkarlmann wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
tkarlmann wrote:

It is decidedly NOT "senseless" to determine whether or not an item is made in China. There are global and political ramifications to this issue, IMO. The Chinese want to take over the US, but not everyone is informed enough to sense this, yet. The quality be darned! I don't want Chinese junk. Rant over.

Actually the chineese allready rule this world.... they own most of the US depth ... also they have bought up all major resources worldwide... diamond mines in south africa... oil and other major naturall resources in southern america..

The chineese really have done some wise things with all the money they made at the expense of their own population..

Yet they can still not maintain a high continous production quallity in their factories... however.. if there is one thing you dont want its something produced in Italy... Italy is a land of designers ... but definately nit a land known for high quallity of their production...
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x: Where is it made? Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
.. if there is one thing you dont want its something produced in Italy ...

It really seems not to be important in what country something is produced in case checking the quality objectively - Alfa Romeo, Beretta, Bialetti, Cagiva, Crumar, Ducati, Eco, Elka, Fatar, Ferrari ..... Zanussi are some examples against of unnecessary statements of prejudices.

This does not change anything, whether China, GB, Germany, USA etc is registered as "Made in .." but it is annoying if produced cheaply and with insufficient quality, but nevertheless offered at a high price.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Pa3/4 case is metal/aluminum , in other words heavy first materials that their shipment will cost , unlike
Pa600/900 , this automatically means that are assembled in Italy !
Korg and KorgPa (as all keyboards brands) do not manufacture even a single electronic component , they only
design core boards and peripherals and will decide who will manufacture circuit boards and with what components
specifications and when low cost is "on table" then China will be always the first option but the overall quality
will be determined only by engineers.
Even if boards were assembled in Italy/japan , the same can happen if all components were ordered from cheap
China/Hong Kong market and the label would write made in Italy/Japan and this is worst that just saying made in
China inside , and happens in the most products you can imagine that retain their brands !

As an electronic engineer I do the same thing with my production projects I design and if I order cheap and low
quality components , then I will not blame China or any supplier market for that !

Hope that helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Pa4x: Where is it made? Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
tkarlmann wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
tkarlmann wrote:

however.. if there is one thing you dont want its something produced in Italy... Italy is a land of designers ... but definately nit a land known for high quallity of their production...

If I have a choice between Italy and China, I would choose Italy ANY day.
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pa4x: Where is it made? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Bachus wrote:
.. if there is one thing you dont want its something produced in Italy ...

It really seems not to be important in what country something is produced in case checking the quality objectively

You presuppose that "Quality" is my primary goal here; it isn't. Having it NOT built in China IS. If you choose to adopt a defeatist attitude that "China has already taken over the world" that is your business; it is not now and never will be my view.

Last edited by tkarlmann on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

As an electronic engineer I do the same thing with my production projects I design and if I order cheap and low quality components , then I will not blame China or any supplier market for that !
Hope that helps

I have been designing Electronics for over 30 years. I ALWAYS provide managers with an option to have PC boards and parts made in the US. The cheap @#$%^&* usually choose China, but that is not my decision to make. If it were, ALL would be made in the US with no exceptions. You did touch on an important point that Quality is in the design; not in production. Also, Chinese are copying every IC and design they possibly can. I've even failed to the same @#$%^&*-manager not to have IC labels on the parts of my design sent to a Chinese company KNOWN to copy everything (including my hard work). Chinese illegal copies of IC's is a multi-billion $/year problem. The Chinese are not our friends, folks!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary I control and manage the whole production , I benchmark every imported component series , and I don't give
a dime where everything is made and many times for instance I had prefered Chinese Infineon than Fairchild or
International Rectifier if benchmarks in my lab are closer to my demands , this is the reality outside of any racism
complex , to get what you've asked and paid for !
Workers of any nationality always do what they are ordered to , I've seen many times European assembling personel to
be more worse than Chinese , and also have seen expensive highest tech space equipment from China that is equal or
superior to USA specs , so IMO you get what you've paid in any equipment device , wherever it's made , this is the rule
and in any other case just blame the brand you've dealt with !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I m sure the guys mean that Chinese factories are fasson like mostly,meaning that they build whatever you want,even if they see it for first time
Of course they have different qualities for everything they build,but also there are quite many false results....maybe more than any other similar other country 's factory.
I guess they build x100more...but false items can usually be equal to a whole foreign factory!!!!!!!
Then other companies buy them and sell them back to us Razz Razz Razz

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.amazon.com/Poorly-Made-China-Insiders-Production/dp/0470405589#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1485579945923 interesting read .....
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Chinaware Reply with quote

tkarlmann wrote:
The Chinese are not our friends, folks!

You are confuse something if you think production companies somewhere in the world are friends. They only are production companies, nothing else - but maybe you think Western companies which have production in China are your friends, like Neiman Group with Warehouses full with Chinaware - have no giveaways for friends but sell at high prices.

The Chinese telecommunication providers Huawei and ZTE are among the most innovative in the world. China is planning on a long-term basis and is setting the course for the competition of the distant future. The government is specifically promoting promising future technologies. In the coming years, Western industry and politics will therefore have to adapt to a new, innovative China i think.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: